Name a cheap car you've always wanted, but never bought.

Example: I've always wanted an 80's model Monte Carlo SS. It started when that was going to be the first "nice car" when I was going to be shopping for a specific car instead of a cheap one that runs. I also was going to get that because I couldn't afford the insurance on a new Z28 or SS.

Well, I discovered how cheap insurance can be when putting it in your dad's name and I ended up getting a Z28. :p To this day, I still wouldn't mind having an 88 Monte Carlo SS. I figure I would probably pick one up for $5k or so. Eh, maybe sometime...

Any other coulda/woulda/shoulda stories?

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
fox body mustang for me. they are going up in price now.

i found a rare fox one time just ripe for the plucking - 93 yellow lx vert 5.0 5spd w/ black leather. these are rare, and if you find one seller wants bank for them, at least for a fox car. only about 90k miles. it was sitting a dealership, he had no idea what he had. i think he was asking about 7g's. i'm an idiot for not buying that car. would snatch it up if it ever came along again. but it probably wont.

Last edited:

97SilverGS-T

Established Member
1969 Oldsmobile 442....in red...with black racing stripes down the middle...

1970 AMC AMX - dont laugh douche bags! it was a cool looking car!

1957 Ranchero

1968 Galaxie 500 427 option - I actually had a 68 galaxie 500 but it only had the 390

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
97SilverGS-T said:
1969 Oldsmobile 442....in red...with black racing stripes down the middle...

1970 AMC AMX - dont laugh douche bags! it was a cool looking car!

1957 Ranchero

1968 Galaxie 500 427 option - I actually had a 68 galaxie 500 but it only had the 390

Did you miss the word cheap in the title?

An old 80s turbo Chrysler, as long as it's not the LeBaron.

GreyAsp

Established Member
+1 on the turbo Chrysler... the Conquest/Starion looked good and would be fun to toss around a road-course.

Common

Established Member
Park av FTW, my family's first car when we moved to Us, loved it and thought it was the most comfortable car out there.

Common said:
Were you driving it "Wrecklessly"?:poke:

It was an accident that where 50-50 fault would have been applied to myself and the other driver.

I was waiting to turn at an intersection, then I proceeded to turn on a yellow-red light. The person I thought was stopping blew the the light and t-boned me. My first trial and error driving lesson. :dw:

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
Euphoric One said:
It was an accident that where 50-50 fault would have been applied to myself and the other driver.

I was waiting to turn at an intersection, then I proceeded to turn on a yellow-red light. The person I thought was stopping blew the the light and t-boned me. My first trial and error driving lesson. :dw:

If that's the worst accident you have ever been in, so be it. EVERYONE(99% of people) get into car wrecks at one point or another.

Common said:
If that's the worst accident you have ever been in, so be it. EVERYONE(99% of people) get into car wrecks at one point or another.

It probably was. I've never been in an accident where my car wasn't drivable after.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
ive always wanted a SVT Focus. would make a prety cool little DD/put around town kinda car.

but the cobra is just SOOOO much more fun for put around town.

Users who are viewing this thread