NA guys with stock int. Mani and stock headers.

2115criss

Established Member
How many of you guys running stock intake manifold and stock headers, and what is the best 1/4 mile time? Also what tire are you running if MT82 car.
Thanks

helloWorld

Established Member
I still have the stock intake manifold and stock headers. I have not run a 1/4 mile with the current setup in my description, but when I still had my cats, x-pipe, and Borla ATAK catback, some worn slicks, and a tune from another tuner where my first to second shift literally took like two seconds, I managed a 13.1 at 112 mph.

SCalla1384

Established Member
With stock mani, stock manifolds I went 11.86 @ 117. Full weight heavy California special m6. Mods were just off road x, airaid intake, mufflers, aed tune, alum ds and 275/60 15 NT555Rs.

Shaun at aed went 10.9 @ 122ish on stock manifold and stock headers.

Shaun@AED

IMG_0311.jpg

MT82
28x10.5 Goodyear Outlaws

2115criss

Established Member
Thanks
Yeah, I know what Shaun did. He's the one tuning my car lol
I just want to see if any one else has come close to him.
Right now I'm sitting at 11.3 still on a radial tire.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
It is refreshing to know that people are putting down good numbers with stock headers. I am doing my best to keep mine stock because the price to mod them seems ridiculous to me in regards to the HP gain.

Last edited:

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Guy's have run 9.80's with stock headers and mufflers. Supercharged of course. Traction via slicks with manual and 5k plus clutch dump or stall on auto's do wonders for times. ;)

clc44

Established Member
I just ordered some budget headers mainly for the sound. I know I'll gain a little power but the sound is well worth it. I'll have $800 invested installed with mid pipe.

Shaun@AED

I picked up 18HP from a mid pipe and 7 from over the axle pipes. Not bad at all, but considering what full exhaust can do....if I still had the car I'd have Kooks headers/midpipe/over the axle pipes on it.
Here is a comparison dyno graph of the kooks system + Airaid CAI + Tune:

KooksMidlengthAiraidTune_zps25aa9a19.jpg

Here is a compression dyno of a Boss with the addition of Kooks exhaust and TB:
Kooks2013Boss_zpsd815a524.jpg

clc44

Established Member
I don't have pockets for kooks other than a used cheap axle back. I did order long tubes. I have to find a kid to work. I got pypes knock offs (speed master). What mid?? Lol

2115criss

Established Member
Yeah I see.
Yes there sure is a lot with headers, but my goal is 10s on stock intake and exhaust manifolds.

Shaun idk if you remember. This is Cristian from Houston lol
I'm just trying to see where ppl have been with the set up that I have, which basically the same one you had.

Here is the vid and time slips

https://youtu.be/w-KeHhRv-uo

rotarymagic

Established Member
Not to hijack this thread, but what was the quickest ET for a N/A stock intake manifold 6R80 car?

SCalla1384

Established Member
Yeah I see.
Yes there sure is a lot with headers, but my goal is 10s on stock intake and exhaust manifolds.

Shaun idk if you remember. This is Cristian from Houston lol
I'm just trying to see where ppl have been with the set up that I have, which basically the same one you had.

Here is the vid and time slips

https://youtu.be/w-KeHhRv-uo

You can definitely get there. What gears do you have ? And what's the car weigh?

2115criss

Established Member
You can definitely get there. What gears do you have ? And what's the car weigh?

I'm on 3.73s
As far as the weight I'm not really sure because if weight it the car at the track 3 different times and it has giving me 3 different numbers. I'm thinking is somewhere in the 3400s.

Users who are viewing this thread