N2MB users enter here

southern stang

Established Member
I am just looking for your guy's opinions on what this could be.

I've had the N2MB WOT/2 step box for quite some time now. To me the 2step has never sounded right. I've had two different friends point it out to me also. It sounds like fuel cut, or there is a big lag between ignition cuts. Everything is installed as per their website instructions. The funny thing is we installed one on my buddies 05, and it worked perfectly. Just as is should. No difference on installation procedure at all. At first I thought it was just because he had an X pipe, but now after more and more searching, I have found this doesn't matter.

Also it seems alot of people have an afterfire on a WOT shift. I have never had that at all. I've rerouted the wiring to clean up the engine bay, an resoldered everything.

I've tried updating the firmware, and also back tracking to an older version Jon at n2mb had given me to try. Jon has told me that since the box holds the RPM steady, it is working properly and there is nothing he can do as far as that goes. Could it possibly be in the tune?

The WOT feature works great, but the two step just sounds like it's hitting a normal preset rev limiter not like a two step that holds your rpm.
Any N2MB users that have any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks guys

Here's a video of my car:
[youtube_browser]lEGslEeTvwE&list[/youtube_browser]

And another
[youtube_browser]-9NTBN8Oq98&list[/youtube_browser]

Not sure if this a a members on here or not, but my car sounds nothing even remotely close to this:
[youtube_browser]ObQx7LCELsY[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

southern stang

Established Member
I currently have it set at 4800 when I was playing around. It sounds better as you would imagine, but still doesn't sound like it's properly working.

Cinch- How would I adjust that setting?

turbostang

Turbocharged
Established Member
After you make a change you have to save it. You must have a laptop hooked up to the WOT box and make the changes this way. Alot better info on this @ S197forums.com

southern stang

Established Member
Sorry, just now seeing this. I do save it after each change. I have talked to n2mb and they say everything operates properly. I'm still thinking there is an issue with the box or it has something tune related to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread