N/A Times

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I'm wanting to build my car fast N/A. I was wanting to see what some of the times were of cars that are N/A and what all they had done.

My hope for the car is high 11's on tires and some where in the 12's on street tires. If thats possible.

I have a 08 GT with a JLT, BamaChips Tune, Magnaflow X pipe, Pypes axle back. I have not ran it yet in a 1/4 mile but I ran a 8.80 @ 82 mph in the 1/8 and I was spinning with my stock street tires on the car. I'm going to go back with a set of drag radials. Hopefully this weekend.

Stang925

Established Member
what kindve drag radials did you buy? I have steeda pullies, steeda charge motion plates, C&L racer CAI, bassani o/r x-pipie, jba axlebacks, and frpp 4.10s oh also bamachips mail order tune. i ran a 13.03 at 107.7 i think close to a 108mph and pulled a 1.8 60ft, on some 20s with nitto 555s street tires.

S197man

Established Member
Your goals are attainable, that is, if you practice enough. Is it an Auto or manual?

You can get your car into the 11.99-12.00 zone with a recipe similar to this:

- Drag Radials on stock rims (rear)
- 2 20" spare tires on the front
- remove all excess weight (tools from trunk, jack, possibly the front swaybar BMR delete kit, etc..)
-If auto: converter. If manual: MGW shifter (makes it easier down the track)
-4.10:1 gears
-aluminum driveshaft and loops
-Lower control arms and relocation brackets
-rear panhard bar
-CAI (your JLT is fine)
-Delete plates
-Pullies
-LongTubes
-off road pipe
-Axle back
-short belt to bypass the power steering
-CHE torque limiters
-A really good 93 octane dyno tune
-A nice hard launch
-and most importantly, balls to the wall driving/shifting.

Add a 75 shot to that, and you're looking at mid 11's on DR's (with colder spark plugs).

:coolman:

Last edited:

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I have 3 sets of drag radials. I have a set of nittos, BFG's and a set of ET streets. All of them are on 17" wheels. I was probably going to use the nittos just because I don't think they hook as good and I still have the stock clutch.

One think is I ain't afraid to drive the car. I usually run the pooh out of all my cars. (that I race anyhow) My moto if it breaks fix it stronger.

What about 3.73 gears? I have a set of them for free to go in my car. Should I wait or use them.

My car is a 5 speed manual.

Last edited:

HerNameIsPonie

LAMC ftw
Established Member
I went 8.54 @ 82.33 mph in the 1/8th. With a JLT,XCal,4.10's, shifter and DRs. Charge motion delete plates will kill your low end tq. So will LT's

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I went 8.54 @ 82.33 mph in the 1/8th. With a JLT,XCal,4.10's, shifter and DRs. Charge motion delete plates will kill your low end tq. So will LT's

How much bottom end will I lose? Will it pick it back up on top side? I could lose some on bottom if it would pull harder on top. I want to run LS1 cars on the interstate and pull them. I would like it to be all motor.

I want it fast at the track also but this is my street car.

HerNameIsPonie

LAMC ftw
Established Member
How much bottom end will I lose? Will it pick it back up on top side? I could lose some on bottom if it would pull harder on top. I want to run LS1 cars on the interstate and pull them. I would like it to be all motor.

I want it fast at the track also but this is my street car.

LT's and the delete plates will lose low end tq but gain it up top. For 1/8th mile racing and from a dig it wont be that great

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member

I had both on my 06 GT and neither hurt my bottom end tq. I had the longtubes before the cmrc deletes, and those actually HELPED my bottom end power/torque. With a GOOD TUNE, the cmrc plates don't hurt low end power either. This is a big misconception, but it's all in the tune. My car responded GREAT to the cmrc deletes.

to the original poster, I think your goals are very attainable. If memory serves me correct, I think it's now actually being done by several people.

I ran my best time of 12.77 @ 108.84 on stock tires 2 years ago (I've totalled the car since then), and guys are blowing that away now. Here's what I had done to my car:

BamaChips tune
JLT cai
Steeda cmrc deletes
JBA longtubes
Steeda pulleys
PSI aluminum driveshaft
4.10 gears
stock Pirelli tires, and they consistently pulled 1.84-1.89 60's for me.

My best in the 1/8 was an 8.18, can't remember the mph. On the 12.77 pass, my 1/8 was an 8.24... so I would have liked to have seen what my 1/4 would have been with the 8.18 pass if I wouldn't have missed 4th gear. :bash:

white07gt

Established Member
Here is my time slip from this past weekend. The temp was high 80s or low 90s.
BestPassThusFar.jpg

Mods:
Long Tubes
O/R X-pipe
62mm TB
Charge motion deletes
CAI
93 bama tune
Short throw shifter
4.10s
26x11.50/17 ET streets

I launched at 5500 rpms on this pass so I dont think my torque was lacking too much especially with the 4.10s.

silverstang23

Established Member
Your goals are attainable, that is, if you practice enough. Is it an Auto or manual?

You can get your car into the 11.99-12.00 zone with a recipe similar to this:

- Drag Radials on stock rims (rear)
- 2 20" spare tires on the front
- remove all excess weight (tools from trunk, jack, possibly the front swaybar BMR delete kit, etc..)
-If auto: converter. If manual: MGW shifter (makes it easier down the track)
-4.10:1 gears
-aluminum driveshaft and loops
-Lower control arms and relocation brackets
-rear panhard bar
-CAI (your JLT is fine)
-Delete plates
-Pullies
-LongTubes
-off road pipe
-Axle back
-short belt to bypass the power steering
-CHE torque limiters
-A really good 93 octane dyno tune
-A nice hard launch
-and most importantly, balls to the wall driving/shifting.

Add a 75 shot to that, and you're looking at mid 11's on DR's (with colder spark plugs).

:coolman:

what converter are you referring to for and automatic transmission.

91frppgt

Banned
Here is my time slip from this past weekend. The temp was high 80s or low 90s.
BestPassThusFar.jpg

Mods:
Long Tubes
O/R X-pipe
62mm TB
Charge motion deletes
CAI
93 bama tune
Short throw shifter
4.10s
26x11.50/17 ET streets

I launched at 5500 rpms on this pass so I dont think my torque was lacking too much especially with the 4.10s.

i would think with your mods, and 4:10's, on ET streets you should be in the solid 12's.

correct me if i'm wrong? i see more stockish autos out here in texas cracking solid 12's, with few simple bolt ons. I haven't went to the track since my auto had a few bolt on's, but i plan on going back soon and it will hopefully be some 12.00's!

SN95NIK

Established Member
stock Pirelli tires, and they consistently pulled 1.84-1.89 60's for me.

If you don't mind me asking, how the hell did you pull that type of 60' time on stock tires? I was at the track Tuesday and couldn't get below a 2.2 60' on the stock 18" BFG's. Also, my car is bone stock minus the FRPP stingers. I went 14.4 @ 98. I need to lower my 60' time, but I feel the mph is about on par with where i should be stock. Any help would be great.

91frppgt

Banned
Do you benefit from it on a 1/4 mile or is it just a waste of money?

oh i most deff. benefited from it! best mod i've done yet!

before on 295/30/20 toyo proxies i could pull 1.88 60's out of the stock converter with a 3:73. i'm waiting to get my 20 D/R's in to take it back to the track. I'm sure it will pull 1.7x's.

Its alot more fun to drive with a converter to!

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
Just went to the track last Friday with my stock 235 BFGs. :lol:

Spinning out of the hole...letting off a bit in 1st. shifted to second started getting sideways...let off again.....when I got to third I started spinning again so let off a bit. 2.5 60ft:bash:14.6@98:bash:

Will never run @ the track again w/o Drag radials. Its embarrassing. Previous best with these sorry excuses for tires is 13.99, again with a 2.45 60ft. I know with a 1.8 60ft on some DRs...the car has low 13s in it. The 3V motors are strong:beer: The stock tires are teh sux.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, how the hell did you pull that type of 60' time on stock tires? I was at the track Tuesday and couldn't get below a 2.2 60' on the stock 18" BFG's. Also, my car is bone stock minus the FRPP stingers. I went 14.4 @ 98. I need to lower my 60' time, but I feel the mph is about on par with where i should be stock. Any help would be great.

Alot of it is practice doing the clutch-throttle dance. If you're on stock Pirellis they WILL hook if you practice on them. Main thing is don't dump the clutch & don't floor the throttle straight out of the hole. I'm wasn't at WOT till about 40' out of the hole. The clutch wasn't fully disengaged till about 10-15' out of the hole. I launched around 2,000-3,000 depending on the track conditions. Never was the same rpm twice. Instead of keeping a constant staging rpm, I kinda blipped the throttle waiting for the tree to come down. I'd try to time it so that I'd catch the rpm's on the DOWNSTROKE at around 2,500-3,000 rpm or so. Now I never revved it past 3,500 or so... just blip the throttle is all. So I caught the rpm's as they were coming down and when I launched I'd ease out on the clutch just like you do when you pull out from a red light on a steep hill. Be smooth with the clutch, and ease into the gas. You don't want to shock the tires. When I eased out on the clutch, I'd probably go about 50% throttle till the clutch was completely disengaged, THEN I'd go WOT. Sometimes less is more, and that's the case with the throttle. Those S197 Mustangs have a great rear suspension.

It may sound like a big ordeal, but once you try it a few times it'll come right together. I had 173 passes on that car on a dragstrip, and 259 passes on my old TKO-trannied 87 5.0... that's not counting the probably 4 TIMES that on the street during our old local street racing ring days. My best friend also pulled equal 60's in his 06 GT on the same tires. He actually even pulled a couple 1.78 60's on the bottle.

I've got some of my videos on my Myspace if you are signed up on that...
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.myvideos

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread