n/a power output of 01 cobras

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
quick01snake said:
i disagree... IMO chambered mufflers suck across the board...
Well yes Hamilton, lots of folks feel that way, but it seems the consensus is, if you're gonna have 'em they work best w/ an h-pipe.

Btw, are you coming in for WFC9?

cadde300

Established Member
My 04 is gone. I had to get rid of that when I went to work in the city. I am, hopefully, buying an 01 cobra tomorrow. exhaust is going on the car asap as i am going to hot rod weekend in ocean city in two weeks. I think that the car has flows on it and I have an h pipe in my garage that will fit already. I'm just curious what people are putting out power wise with just those kind of mods. I'm not too familiar with the 4v motor and what it makes for power with simple mods. Headers are not an option just because they are a pita. I put long tubes on my GT and that took six hours.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
REX-RACER said:
Well yes Hamilton, lots of folks feel that way, but it seems the consensus is, if you're gonna have 'em they work best w/ an h-pipe.

EFF NO....i was just there 3 weeks ago...i want to go to WFC, and to platinum club on friday....LOL

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
i hate when my pistons don't work properly. they just don't piston like they should.

:p just messing with you dude.

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
Put down 300hp/300tq just the other week on the dyno, on my 01 I've got MAC Cai, Borla Stinger Catback, Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe, and an SCT Xcal2 Tune. 4.10's goin in sometime this month, soon as the daily driver Bronco that has thus recently shat the bed is up and running :mj: these money pits keep getting deeper and deeper. But yeah, basic bolt ons and a tune will get you close to if not over the 300 mark in an 01.

VENOMOUSONE

Established Member
Just had mine dyno tuned last night with the mods listed below and I got 296 rwhp. It was tuned with the xcal 2 and my a/f was set at 13:1. Before the tune I was at 14:1 a/f and running at 291 rwhp. I had about 6 back to back dyno pulls and the tuner said that if the engine cooled down it would probably see over 300 rwhp. I am just glad that my a/f is set to a safer level and is running properly now. What is everyone else's a/f at?

Last edited:

ka3ak

Breast Connoisseur
Established Member
REX-RACER said:

off road h + bassani 4 eva!!!!!!

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
With my JLT, Borla catback and Mac offroad H, I put down 293/292 on a dynojet. From what I'm told, because of my 4.30's it throws off the 1:1 ratio the dyno needs to read properly and robs me of about 5 rwhp.

This was along with a canned tuned from a DiabloSport Predator... however by 4500 RPMs, my A/F was already at 10:1 so it's still got some to go with a tune.

Users who are viewing this thread