n/a power output of 01 cobras

cadde300

Established Member
I'm not trying to go crazy, probably just x pipe and flows. Just curious what everyone is putting out with basically exhaust and cold air kits. I'm looking for roughly 300 to the wheels. what will i need to get there.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
It really depends on the car. Some cars put out high numbers with the basic mods. Some put out crappy numbers.

I would think a CAI, mid-pipe and cat-back should get your at least where you're wanting to go. If not a set of pullies added to that should.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
mine does 310 with just xpipe and catback .. but i switched my plugs, belts, fuel filter, and calibrated the compression prior to installing ..

UCBeau

Rken said:
mine does 310 with just xpipe and catback .. but i switched my plugs, belts, fuel filter, and calibrated the compression prior to installing ..
how do you calibrate the compression?

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
damn i knew there was something scetchy about that mechanic !!!!

haha .. my compression was off so it got fixed i use calibrate instead of fix .. whatev..

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Rken said:

haha .. my compression was off so it got fixed i use calibrate instead of fix .. whatev..

Dude, we're not trying to needle you, but what you're talking about sounds like it would require a complete rebuild like piston rings or a valve job! Could you please clarify what you mean?

To adress the original question, I always find that matching parts goes a long way to performance increase rather than just throwing random parts at the car. For example, match these kinds of parts together:

x-pipe > flow through mufflers
h-pipe > chambered mufflers
aluminum flywheel > aluminum d/s > gears
underdrive pulleys > gears
CAI/RAI ( JLT ) > ported intake
MAF > tune

This is the kind of stuff that will get you on the way to the power #'s your lookin' for. Keep in mind that while aftermarket wheels look purdy, + sized wheels and tires are usually heavier and will rob your hp #'s . . . but hey, we all do it! :rockon:

UCBeau

Rken said:

um you really have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

LZRRED01

Sooo Long Iraq... For now
Established Member
Are you trying to get 300 hp to the ground on your "04 GT" that it says you have or the "01 Cobra". What kind of exhaust are you looking for, and what type of cold air?

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
um you really have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

No not really .. but i got new valves and one of my pistons was not working properly so it got replaced.. thats what the warranty told me atleast .. .. so im guessing that had to do with compression.

Last edited:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Rken said:
No not really .. but i got new valves and one of my pistons was not working properly so it got replaced.. thats what the warranty told me atleast .. .. so im guessing that had to do with compression.
Aaahhh! That's the answer we were looking for! ;-)

UCBeau

Rken said:
muuuuuuuuuuuuch better! now we understand what you're saying. sounds like you had the motor rebuilt. :)

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
muuuuuuuuuuuuch better! now we understand what you're saying. sounds like you had the motor rebuilt. :)

I suppose so .. i took the car into a shop a week after i baught it and had them check everything faulty or beat up that the after market warranty would cover .. and to my suprise they were pretty good about it.

and to stay on the subject ..

tires are a big factor in feeling the horses.. when i first got all th emod son my car it felt strong but didnt really feel alot faster .. but it was becaus ei was spinning alot more .. i ende dup getting a set of new tires.. (nothing fancy a set of so so rubber) and it felt way way way better .. there sno use in getting your pony all steroided out if u dont got the rubber to hold it down ..

Users who are viewing this thread