N/A cobra, what's next?

99slowbra

SVT FREAK
Established Member
Can anyone give me some insight or opinions into what else I can throw onto this car?

BRAND NEW ford racing short block (New gaskets, crank, polished heads, etc.)
Bored .20 over stock and balanced
Complete 03 Cobra Clutch Set up
JLT Ram Air Intake
H&R Lowering Springs
Bassani Catted X Pipe
Borla Stingers Catback Exhaust
4.30 gears with Dallas SpeedCal
Short Throw Shifter
Steeda Pulley Setup

I feel like this is about al there is to being naturally aspirated besides major bucks like cams and shit

trxcobra

Established Member
^good idea haha

Do you know what long tubes would fit my midpipe though considering i have the stock headers now?

Only shorty headers will fit the midpipe you have, and as many will agree, shorty headers are not really worth the money as you don't see big gains. You are better off selling your mid pipe and getting some nice long tubes and a shorty midpipe.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you have the 5 piece mid pipe it might be able to be modified to work with long tubes.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Are you talking only engine stuff? Otherwise you should definitely get subframe connectors and a shifter.

Only shorty headers will fit the midpipe you have, and as many will agree, shorty headers are not really worth the money as you don't see big gains. You are better off selling your mid pipe and getting some nice long tubes and a shorty midpipe.

+1, sell your midpipe and get long tube headers and a matching non-catted midpipe

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
they're fine if he doesn't take it over 7000.

I took mine off...and the engine now runs as smooth as silk. I never realized how "shaky" it was until then. Screw whatever ridiculous claims exist about how much HP they provide. It is worth taking them off just for a better ride :coolman:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I took mine off...and the engine now runs as smooth as silk. I never realized how "shaky" it was until then. Screw whatever ridiculous claims exist about how much HP they provide. It is worth taking them off just for a better ride :coolman:

This is where a quality damper improves power and damping. The March fluid Dampers result in smoother than stock opeartion while other dampers worsen the problem. All dampers are not created equally.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
This is where a quality damper improves power and damping. The March fluid Dampers result in smoother than stock opeartion while other dampers worsen the problem. All dampers are not created equally.

That being said...I have a brand new in the box March fluid damper for sale...

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
how about some subframe connectors, IRS bushings, IRS subframe bushings and a diff brace OP?

Last edited:

99slowbra

SVT FREAK
Established Member
I don't want to opt for a different midpipe because I love the combo on it now. I would cut the midpipe if I knew that I can fit the longtubes on there though.

I had the steeda pulley set put on there when I had the shortblock redone a few months ago. It hasn't gave me any problems and if Hans at Deans Performance recommends it then I'll go for it. The pulley system on it before was shot.

I need some suspension shit like bushings and full length subframes but I don't know where to start. I had this car since I was 16 and I really slacked on a lot of the 'basic' suspension must haves.

fs308

4v noob
Established Member
electric water pump
crank scraper
vacuum pump
throttle body
ported intake

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
they said NA horsepower. would those not add more horsepower?

TB adds no power
EWP adds little, costs a lot
vacuum pump will do nothing at this power level
crank scraper requires main studs and much work install while providing a very small gain

So, all of those parts would cost $1200 and free up maybe 10rwhp at the most.

Users who are viewing this thread