N/A 4v guys in the 11's please read.

4camwonder

Established Member
alright, ill start off and be clear about this, please if you dont have personal experiance in the 11's N/A (meaning no spray or boost) please dont through in useless info.

ok, im doin suspension to my car in the next month, along with a new rear end, and slicks. the car will only have bolt ons, so itll be a stock internal 4v. the plan is to run the street stock class in NMRA. want to be competitive so im thinking the car needs to go 11.70's and stay consistent. going to a tourqe arm setup from MM along with a full coilover front, some weight reduction, slicks, 4.56's, and a proshifted t45, behind a SPEC stage 3. along with full bolt ons, and a tune.

how did you guys get there?? will this setup get me too a good strating point?? i want some real feedback from those who know, not those who speculate.

thanks -keith

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You will only find one n/a car in the 11s here, and it's in the 10s. Try Corral.net, but then again there are only two there in the 11s or lower.

Last edited:

4camwonder

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Not with that huge ****ing sig....

thats funny right there.

if your stock engine yes id really like to have your input, even without a stock engine id like to know what kind of 60ft's you pullin, and whats your suspension setup.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
a stockish sn95 suspension with uppers, lowers, airbag in the rr on slicks will cut in the mid to low 1.6s with enough gear and weight reduction.

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
if your engine is stock then i would like to know your set up because that is where i would like to be but i can't get there. good luck if i think of anything i will let you know.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
4camwonder said:
if your stock engine yes id really like to have your input, even without a stock engine id like to know what kind of 60ft's you pullin, and whats your suspension setup.

My sixties aren't that great. I'm only running a 3:73's

I doubt if my suspension would qualify for that class.Here goes anyway. Up front is all tubular chromoly with 175# 14 in coil overs slipped over Tokico 5 way drag struts. Out back are Steeda uppers & lowers, the uppers being double adjustables. The rear shocks are Tokico 5 ways and stock springs. The shark is weighing in around 3160 without driver. Hope this helps some. Let me know if I need to tell more. :burnout:

PS where you at in NC?

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
GR8WHITE said:
I thought we covered that one :idea: Ask Scott @ VT if he can shrink that for ya.

I'm just saying. All those people bitching about sig size's and here's a mod with the biggest of them all.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
GR8WHITE said:
My sixties aren't that great. I'm only running a 3:73's

I doubt if my suspension would qualify for that class.Here goes anyway. Up front is all tubular chromoly with 175# 14 in coil overs slipped over Tokico 5 way drag struts. Out back are Steeda uppers & lowers, the uppers being double adjustables. The rear shocks are Tokico 5 ways and stock springs. The shark is weighing in around 3160 without driver. Hope this helps some. Let me know if I need to tell more. :burnout:

PS where you at in NC?

Not bad on the weight. Right now I'm at 3010 and still have power steering, windows, and brakes. Hopefully I'll hit 11.90's still with the stock longblock and stock intake. Then I'll put my shortrunner on and shoot for mid 11's.

4camwonder- A b-headed cobra needs a sub 1.6 60ft and needs to trap 112+ to run 11's n/a. So take as much weight out as possible and launch the crap out of it.
-Mark

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
I'm just saying. All those people bitching about sig size's and here's a mod with the biggest of them all.

I never heard any "bitching", other than your comments. You are the only one that has brought it to my attention. I had a smaller sig pic but VT engines changed their site, so there it is. I am sure the admion have seen my sig, so I'll get PM if it is out of specs. Back to topic please. :beer:

CLASS RULES
3.4 Suspension,
FRONT SUSPENSION
3.4a) K-MEMBERS: Aftermarket K-Members permitted, but must attach to the chassis using only the original eight (8) factory O.E.M. type mounting bolts in the factory mounting location. No part of the K-member may be permanently attached to the chassis. K-member may be modified in oil pan area to allow oil pan enlargement or removal.
3.4b) STRUT TOWER: Factory strut tower required. No modifications may be made to the strut towers other than the following: 1) roll bar or roll cage may be welded to the strut towers for safety purposes.
3.4c) CONTROL ARMS: OEM or tubular aftermarket control arms required which are attached in stock location.
3.4d) SHOCKS/STRUTS: Aftermarket struts and shocks permitted provided stock attachment location used.
3.4e) SPRINGS: Aftermarket springs permitted.
3.4f) COIL OVERS: Coil over shocks and struts permitted.
3.4g) CAMBER PLATES: Bolt on type camber plates permitted. Bolt on plate may be tack welded to strut tower to prevent movement, otherwise welding prohibited. Camber plate may only be attached to top flat portion of strut tower. Attachment to any other structure prohibited.
3.4h) SPINDLES: Only stock OEM or NMRA accepted, bolt-on, commercially available aftermarket spindles permitted. NMRA accepted spindles are Anthony Jones Engineering, RaceCraft, Strange, & Santhuff.
3.4i) 2005-up MUSTANG: 2005 & later Ford Mustang bodies are required to utilize stock OEM style 2005-up front suspension type and design. Aftermarket control arms are permitted, but must attach in stock location. Aftermarket struts are permitted. All other suspension rules apply.
3.4 REAR SUSPENSION: Stock type suspension, including stock 4-link, and traction bars permitted. Rear coil-over shocks prohibited.
Stock Type Suspension: Stock type suspension may utilize aftermarket, direct replacement type suspension components including aftermarket replacement shocks, springs (in factory location), and/or control arms. All stock type 4-link suspensions must maintain stock lateral angles and attachment points, but may be moved up or down on rear axle. Aftermarket torque arms permitted.
3.4a) 3-LINK and 4-LINK: Stock or stock-type direct-replacement 3-link and/or 4 links required. All stock type 3 or 4 link suspensions must maintain stock lateral angles and attachment points, but may be moved up or down on rear axle. Retrofitting and/or cross-breeding of 3-link and 4-link components prohibited.
3.4b) LADDER BARS: Prohibited.
3.4c) REPLACEMENT CONTROL ARMS: Replacement aftermarket O.E.M. style upper and lower control arms permitted. Control arms may use any type bushing, bearing, or rod end. Control arms may be adjustable to any length.
3.4d) PANHARD BARS: Panhard bars permitted to control lateral movement of rearend housing. Panhard bars must be located aft of rearend housing, and control only lateral rearend movement. Panhard bars may be welded.
3.4e) SWAY BARS: Aftermarket or factory sway bars permitted. Aftermarket sway bars may be welded to both chassis and rearend housing.
3.4f) TORQUE ARMS: Permitted.
3.4g) REAR SHOCKS & SPRINGS: O.E.M. or aftermarket style shocks & springs required in stock location. Coil-over springs prohibited. Shocks must be stand alone and may not be adjustable during run via any means.
3.4h) TRACTION BARS: Bolt on traction bars with permanent (welded or bolted) rear end mount and rubber snubber (or rubber bushing with permanent mount) on chassis side permitted.
3.4i) TORQUE BOXES: The Wild Rides “S” Box has been deemed an acceptable OEM Fox-body torque box replacement when installed in the OEM location as per Wild Rides official instructions. The only acceptable control arm mounting location for the upper control arms is the middle hole on the “S” box, which is the same as the stock OEM mounting location.
3.6 WHEELIE BARS: Prohibited.
4.4 FRAME: Stock, unaltered frame rails required in front subframe and rear subframe. Subframes on uni-body cars may be joined under car. Maximum size material to be used; 2x3x1/8 inch rectangular tubing or 1 5/8 O.D. inch round tubing (.118MS or .083CM). If connector protrudes through floor, floor must be completely welded to connector. Minimum NHRA accepted roll bar required, NHRA certified cage required when required by e.t.
4.5 GROUND CLEARANCE
GROUND CLEARANCE: Minimum 4 inches from front of vehicle to 12 inches behind centerline of front axle; 3 inches for remainder of vehicle, except oil pan and exhaust headers.
4.12 WHEELBASE: Entries must retain stock wheelbase + or - 1 inches of stock. Maximum variation from left to right and front to back of 1 inch.
5: tires & wheels
FRONT: Front tires must have a minimum tread width of 4.5 inches.
REAR: Slicks permitted. Maximum actual measured tire size is as follows: Actual measured tread of tire is limited to 10.6 inches by 26.5 inches tall. Tire width will be measured by a “go-no go” gauge after conclusion of run at scale area. Tire tread may not extend outside fenders. Tire shaving is prohibited.
5.2 WHEELS Spindle-mount front wheels prohibited.
6: INTERIOR
6.1 GENERAL: Must maintain stock appearance; including factory OEM dashboard, headliner, & steering column cover. Heater/air conditioners may be removed.
6.4 CARPET: Floor and tunnel where visible must be upholstered or carpeted. Headliner required.
6.5 SEATS
SEATS: Upholstered OEM or aftermarket upholstered seats (2) in stock location is required. Rear seat may be removed; area must be carpeted or upholstered.
6.6 DOOR PANELS
DOOR PANELS: Door panels must be covered and stock appearing.
6.7 STEERING COLUMN
STEERING COLUMN: Stock O.E.M. steering column required. Removable steering wheel permitted.
6.8 GAUGES
GUAGES: Aftermarket gauges may be installed in factory dash.
6.9 PEDALS/PEDAL LOCATION
PEDALS/PEDAL LOCATION: Stock type pedals, linkage, and location required.
7: Body
BODY: Vehicle must retain original appearances and profiles for year and make of body. Original O.E.M. body shell (unibody structure from firewall to taillight panel must be intact). Only 1979 & newer Fox based Ford body styles., permitted. Lightweight body parts restricted to hood. Hood must be lift off or bolt on. Deck lid must be hinged, lift off deck lids prohibited. Body must be finished and painted. Alterations or aerodynamic modifications such as “chopped tops”, “channeling”, “sectioning”, “shortening” or “scaling down” prohibited. If a convertible top is used as an entry the use of ANY mechanism under or above the convertible top is not permitted. Ex: Building a cover that would be located above or below the convertible top, using straps below or above the convertible top, etc. Convertible tops need to be operational in all classes that the windows are required to operate. All entries with convertible tops must compete with top up.

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
98 N/A 4V said:
Not bad on the weight. Right now I'm at 3010 and still have power steering, windows, and brakes. Hopefully I'll hit 11.90's still with the stock longblock and stock intake. Then I'll put my shortrunner on and shoot for mid 11's.

4camwonder- A b-headed cobra needs a sub 1.6 60ft and needs to trap 112+ to run 11's n/a. So take as much weight out as possible and launch the crap out of it.
-Mark

I will be lower after I finish the aluminum block. I just pulled the AC components today. I never use it, in fact I hate the AC in my stang. I have the rear seat delete and that is about it really. What all have you removed along the way?

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
GR8WHITE said:
I never heard any "bitching", other than your comments. You are the only one that has brought it to my attention. I had a smaller sig pic but VT engines changed their site, so there it is. I am sure the admion have seen my sig, so I'll get PM if it is out of specs. Back to topic please. :beer:

CLASS RULES
3.4b) STRUT TOWER: Factory strut tower required. No modifications may be made to the strut towers other than the following: 1) roll bar or roll cage may be welded to the strut towers for safety purposes.
QUOTE]

WTF? required? 98's didn't come with them. Or are they saying that IF it came with one you have to have it?

-Mark

CJK440

Established Member
98 N/A 4V said:
CLASS RULES
QUOTE]

WTF? required? 98's didn't come with them. Or are they saying that IF it came with one you have to have it?

-Mark

What do you mean 98's didn't come with strut towers?? If the car left the factory with struts, it has strut towers, the upper strut attachment point. It seems to me that the rules are discouraging aftermarket or fabricated strut towers.

As for the brace I'd say if it left the factory with a brace it would be allowed but why would you want the extra weight of a brace when going in a straight line?

Users who are viewing this thread