Metco pulleys
Bassani catted x pipe
Borla stingers

93 Oct. 16lbs boost
Tuned by radical racing atco nj

Last edited by a moderator:

87poopstang

Established Member
Sorry guys posted it from my phone guess it didn't go through.
2.3l Whipple 3.25 pulley
60lb injectors
KB Bap
jlt gen 1 cai
BA 3000
Metco pulleys
Bassani catted x pipe
Borla stingers

93 Oct. 16lbs boost
Tuned by radical racing atco nj

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
not to bad, a 2.8 or 3" upper really wakes the whipple up. I had about the same numbers when @16psi /17*/93oct/10.8 AFR :thumbsup:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Was thinking about going with a 4lb lower

You could, but honestly the Whipple will respond just as well with a slightly smaller pulley and not put your crank at risk. I ran a 4# lower for a very short time with a 2.93 upper on my Stage 5 Eaton setup, and that was the main reason I went to the Whipple. I was able to go back to a stock lower and still not run a ridiculously small upper to run the same 18 psi, but at greater efficiency with the twin screw. I run just a 3" upper on my 2.3 Whipple with ported upper and lower intakes and make a solid 18 psi. When/if I install my headers, I may drop to a 2.9, or 2.75 pulley since the boost will drop and allow me to run a bit more pulley without needing higher octane. There are several ways to accomplish the same goal, but for me personally, the lower pulley (unless it's a caged one) is the least desirable path.

ctgreddy

Established Member
^ there have been thousands and thousands of cobras with ts's and uncaged lowers with no issues. Unless you're running a 4.0 whipple there's not going to be enough pressure on the snout to ever cause issues.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I ran a 4lb lower with a 3.0 upper @ 21psi I made 635 rwhp and 595 rwtq SAE not inflated STD numbers.

the rest was the same as yours combo wise

87poopstang

Established Member
I ran a 4lb lower with a 3.0 upper @ 21psi I made 635 rwhp and 595 rwtq SAE not inflated STD numbers.

the rest was the same as yours combo wise

Sorry it was a 6lb lower w the 3.5 upper he said he was running not the 4lb. He was making 631hp/610tq

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
^ there have been thousands and thousands of cobras with ts's and uncaged lowers with no issues. Unless you're running a 4.0 whipple there's not going to be enough pressure on the snout to ever cause issues.

I'm aware of this, but without starting another debate on caged vs. uncaged lowers, I will just say "why" would you want to run even the most remote risk of front bearing/crank snout damage, when you can easily, and safely accomplish the same psi with a slightly smaller upper at WAY less cost to boot? If he was trying to max out his psi, and was planning to run race gas all the time, then that would be different. Do you honestly believe that Ford would have spent time and money to develop that support structure if they didn't think it was necessary for longevity on these cars?:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread