Mystichrome w brake boot

mysticchrome04

Established Member
Anyone have any advice on if the ebrake boot from Dallas wheels slips on the ebrake handle or does it need removal? If it needs removal any advice how it comes off

03' White Snake

Established Member
I replaced mine with Carbon Fiber Leather with white stitching a few years ago. No idea on the Dallas version. It’s not hard to do. Need to remove staples from a plastic ring that holds the boot in place. Go easy to not break the plastic trim. I used a heavy duty staple gun to install the new boot. Then bent the staples over with a hammer. There was 4-6 small nuts that secure the plastic trim to the center console. So to do the job right, the console needs to come out. Few screws and it’s out, no big deal. Watch a YouTube video on releasing the ebrake handle. I forget now how to release it off the top of my head. It needs to face straight up to pull the console out.

5C5A6004-22D1-4C3D-9673-0ADB5DF98DB3.jpeg
6A2A3F81-137D-44E3-A65C-334569E6A652.jpeg
350E784E-9747-42C4-BF58-00F867E7696B.jpeg

Last edited:

mysticchrome04

Established Member
I replaced mine with Carbon Fiber Leather with white stitching a few years ago. No idea on the Dallas version. It’s not hard to do. Need to remove staples from a plastic ring that holds the boot in place. Go easy to not break the plastic trim. I used a heavy duty staple gun to install the new boot. Then bent the staples over with a hammer. There was 4-6 small nuts that secure the plastic trim to the center console. So to do the job right, the console needs to come out. Few screws and it’s out, no big deal. Watch a YouTube video on releasing the ebrake handle. I forget now how to release it off the top of my head. It needs to face straight up to pull the console out.

View attachment 1783833View attachment 1783834View attachment 1783835
Thanks for reply my worry is of the hole in the boot itself will pass over the existing ebrake handle. I have the console out already by watching the YouTube video that’s up I’m just concerned if the boot hole is large enough to pass over the havdle

Users who are viewing this thread