Mystichrome owners..interior question

cdn_99_cobra

Established Member
To all mystichrome owners.. I live in canada and my father in law bought a mystic coupe a few months back. We have noticed that all the mystics we see up here have no painted door panels like the ones pictured in all the magazines. Just wanted to know if all the mystics came that way or is it just a canada thing..thx for any replies

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Are you talking about under the doors? If so mine are painted, but the bottom of the hood don't have paint coverage to the center.

Nothing seems wrong with the interior.

akaeric

Established Member
My under oor is painted I haven't looked under the hood blanket yet. Someone said they got their hood painted under warrenty.

akaeric

Established Member
My under oor is painted I haven't looked under the hood blanket yet. Someone said they got their hood painted under warrenty. I'm sure its got to be primed or it would rust.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by cdn_99_cobra
To all mystichrome owners.. I live in canada and my father in law bought a mystic coupe a few months back. We have noticed that all the mystics we see up here have no painted door panels like the ones pictured in all the magazines. Just wanted to know if all the mystics came that way or is it just a canada thing..thx for any replies

Are you talking about trim panel inserts like the 10th Anniversary model has in red??????......... Only now on this car in Mystichrome???

"like the ones pictured in all the magazines"........ Which door panels? inside or out??

I have seen some owner modded cars with painted inserts in magazines..... Although I don't recall an Mystichromes....

None on mine..... or any that I've seen ......and I have not heard of them being a factory feature.

Jimmy
:thumbsup:

cdn_99_cobra

Established Member
sorry I wasn't clear about the door trim. I was talking about the door trim piece being painted like the 10th anniversary model. If you look back at all the pictures of the mystics before the car came out, these trim panels were painted mystic as well but I haven't seen any on the production cars. Ford being cheap I guess.. guess this was the reason for the stop build on mystics as reported by blue oval news... thx for all the replies

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
I've looked at all of the pictures from before it came out, and have seen the original show car they sent around the circuit to promote the car, and it has never had any paint on the trim peices. I have never seen any pictures of one with painted interior trim before or after the car came out. The only Mystichromes with painted interior trim panels are the 4 or 5 Saleen Mystichrome Cobras.

Maybe you could help us by telling us WHICH all these magazines were, because the thousands of pictures I looked at after I ordered mine never once featured painted trim. Alan Eggly, the paint and trim director, even said they originally considered painting the interior trim peices but decided to do the seat leather instead, so if there are pictures of painted interior trim out there, it wasn't done by Ford.

Last edited:

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
The 10'th ann aren't painted either.. they are actually red plastic molded.. not painted...(not that it helps your question...)

Users who are viewing this thread