My Z06 at WannaGoFast 1/2 Mile Shootout

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
Darn impressive. I admire the fact that your enjoy your car to the limits. I am too OCD to push either of mine that hard.

Oh trust me. I am beyond OCD as well. 2 weeks before this event I had clear bra installed on my front and rear fenders. I wouldn't go without it. And when I got home I took all the wheels off and cleaned everything, underside and all. As far as beating on the car. I've spent quite a bit of money beefing everything up. Axles, driveshaft, clutch, etc... It hurts my heart a little every time I run her hard. Then again. The way I look at it. I bought the car to drive and enjoy, so that's exactly what I'm gonna do!! :burnout::beer:

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
Thanks everybody!! And by the way. My exhaust setup is: American racing longtubes, American racing non catted X, B&B Fusion catback. Still retains the NPP mode (switchable from open and loud to closed and quiet) I can control it from my key fob. Obviously that whole vid was on loud mode. Lol. But it's great when I'm crusing at 75 or 80. I can quiet it down and there's zero drone.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i need to get the B&B fusion. my exhaust set up is similar to yours, only i have the catted midpipe, and stock catback. your car sounds amazing though. great driving too

racebronco2

Established Member
[youtube_browser]/iam8TCCwjt4[/youtube_browser]

Here's a few of my runs from the 1/2 Mile Shootout at Heaven's Landing private airfield in Clayton, GA

Crank it up loud and enjoy!!

My best mph of the day was a 159.99 So damn close to a 160!!

Not bad for a heads and cam Z at 3,000 ft. altitude!! :rockon:

Also, big shoutout to Ron and the whole crew at Vengeance Racing. They tuned out a monster that hauls the mail and has perfect street manners!! :beer:

Hitting only 159mph seems to be a little off. Are you sure your tune is correct. What's your a/f at wot. You should've ran closer to 170mph. Something doesn't seem right. I am not one of those internet racer, i speaking from experience running several 1/2 mile events at 2800ft.

Last edited:

96lazervert

Established Member
Hitting only 159mph seems to be a little off. Are you sure your tune is correct. What's your a/f at wot. You should've ran closer to 170mph. Something doesn't seem right. I am not one of those internet racer, i speaking from experience running several 1/2 mile events at 2800ft.

Everything's accurate on the tune IMO. Every C6Z there ran in the mid to upper 150's. A C5 vet won the NA record with a 474ci solid roller and ran 171 mph. The DA and elevation are crucial factors.

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member

Lol. Yeah the tunes dead on. Like 96lazer said other Head/Cam Z06's were running 154 and 155.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member

all speeds across the board were lower than expected that day. a buddies c5z making 600rwhp ran 154mph, for reference.

racebronco2

Established Member
It does look like the track does go up slightly at the end of the run, that could be the reason. In 100* temps at 5000 da i went 166 at 520rwhp and car was pulling 3 degree of timing at the end of the run.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
It does look like the track does go up slightly at the end of the run, that could be the reason. In 100* temps at 5000 da i went 166 at 520rwhp and car was pulling 3 degree of timing at the end of the run.

yeah, based on the power of the cars and their speeds witnessed at the event you wouldn't even be close to that at this event. 166mph would be pulled off by 800rwhp 34-3500lb car getting adequate traction. 1600rwhp gtr only pulled off a 199.3mph the same day.

racebronco2

Established Member
yeah, based on the power of the cars and their speeds witnessed at the event you wouldn't even be close to that at this event. 166mph would be pulled off by 800rwhp 34-3500lb car getting adequate traction. 1600rwhp gtr only pulled off a 199.3mph the same day.

At the Mojave events we are not allowed to do burn-outs. Most high hp cars roll out and shift early into second then they are able to go wot.

Users who are viewing this thread