My wreck, and replacement

LogiWorld123

Established Member
The Navigator was interred into the drive thru in the sky on May 5th. The $15,000 to repair estimate exceeded the value of the truck! I had some injuries to my back and shoulder that are still being treated. You can see the impact broke my driver seat, which caused me to not be able to reach the pedals (you can see the smudges from my feet as I frantically tried to hit the brakes, and the dent in my shoe that bruised my toe). The truck ended up rolling about 150 feet, and I am thankful I didn't hit anyone.

I downsized quite a bit (due to commute) to this black beauty. This is about 4 minutes after the car wash, because here in Oklahoma, black cars only stay clean for about 5 minutes. I couldn't find an MKS Ecoboost in my price range (and color choices) so I went with this MKZ. I skipped the AWD for mileage, and really this car feels quite a bit like my old Contour SVT.

Anyways, this isn't playboy, let's stop reading articles and look at pictures.

wreck1.jpg

wreck2.jpg

wreck3.jpg

wreck4.jpg

wreck5.jpg

wreck6.jpg

wreck7.jpg

wreck8.jpg

wreck9.jpg

wreck10.jpg

new 1.jpg

new 2.jpg

new 3.jpg

new 4.jpg

new 5.jpg

new 6.jpeg

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn, glad you made it out alright. What was the cause of the wreck?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Looks good granpa. Glad you weren't banged up too bad. Gotta ask. Did the dent in your shoe buff out? What was the insurance quote on repairing them? ;)

Thanks! No, I had to toss the shoes and LOL we did list them as $35.00 in the demand letter.

I keep saying that when I look at the pickup compared to my truck.

damn rough hit

glad to see you good for the most part

It was incredible. Got hit, and all that I could see was clouds as my seat reclined back fully. Had to pull myself up via the steering wheel (which caused my shoulder injury) just to reach the pedals. I have a target on the back of my cars I guess, this is my 3rd accident to be hit in the rear.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
That could have been a lot worse as Im sure you know...but at least you are safe now. The MKZ isnt a bad car...my mom loves hers but she wishes it had more power. She has kind of a lead foot....but oddly i could never get her to drive my modded Lightning when i had it. She now wants a MKC but dad wants an MKS....I know where my car OCD comes from lol.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
That could have been a lot worse as Im sure you know...but at least you are safe now. The MKZ isnt a bad car...my mom loves hers but she wishes it had more power. She has kind of a lead foot....but oddly i could never get her to drive my modded Lightning when i had it. She now wants a MKC but dad wants an MKS....I know where my car OCD comes from lol.

The MKC is nice, but I can't stand the center dash layout. The MKS is still too plump for me, I'm not sure how they are going to fix that one.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Yeah that platform Taurus/MKS...doesnt use its size very well. Huge outside dimensions that dont match its interior space. But my dad likes big cars, if ford still made a country squire wagon he would have one! The MKC..i told her to look at loaded Escape and she replied but the salesman said it wasnt on the same platfom...i said hes lying and has no idea what hes talking about, my dad goes...I knew I didnt like salesman. lol

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Yeah that platform Taurus/MKS...doesnt use its size very well. Huge outside dimensions that dont match its interior space. But my dad likes big cars, if ford still made a country squire wagon he would have one! The MKC..i told her to look at loaded Escape and she replied but the salesman said it wasnt on the same platfom...i said hes lying and has no idea what hes talking about, my dad goes...I knew I didnt like salesman. lol

The salesmen at my Lincoln dealer were well trained by the factory.. they knew every option and the lingo and were great helps. Guess yours didn't make that class.

Good to hear you're all right. And nice replacement car too.

Agreed on both counts.

Wow. Glad you're ok. Nice replacement

Yeah, it certainly is smaller and I do miss the "Fark you, I'm not yielding to you" aspect of the Nav.

holy shit ! glad you are OK !

nice black ride :)

Thanks! I really wanted black, and finding one with low enough miles was a chore (at my price point)

I would say your Navigator was built a little tougher than the Chevy. Glad you're ok.

I was shocked at how much damage the Chevy had compared to the Nav. Granted, the body was bent on the navigator (it popped out the rear side window) but they could have fixed it. The tailgate and the seat put the insurance over the edge, otherwise they would have fixed it all. All the other guy had if I remember was a bloody nose from the airbag (he was a large guy)

Users who are viewing this thread