My wife and almost 100 other people in her office were given 90 days yesterday

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
She was there 10 years and was the top producer 8 out of those 10 years. The jobs are being outsourced in other states. Just two weeks ago they gave her a 10 year anniversary gift (Bulova watch) and now this. 3.7 GPA college degree in business management and solid 10 years in the insurance business.

She'll never see this, but baby, I'm so proud of you. This isn't your fault.

Anyone else dealing with this? :(

Thanks for reading, I just needed to vent a little.

Svt4ever22

Established Member
At least they got 90 days. She'll find something else as long as she wears that sweater.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
At least they got 90 days. She'll find something else as long as she wears that sweater.

Agreed, the 90 days is a courtesy IMO

LOL, she likes working in offices with a lot of women so she doesn't have to deal with the perve coworkers.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
She was there 10 years and was the top producer 8 out of those 10 years. The jobs are being outsourced in other states. Just two weeks ago they gave her a 10 year anniversary gift (Bulova watch) and now this. 3.7 GPA college degree in business management and solid 10 years in the insurance business.

She'll never see this, but baby, I'm so proud of you. This isn't your fault.

Anyone else dealing with this? :(

Thanks for reading, I just needed to vent a little.

What state are you in? Can she relocate to where they are moving the jobs?

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
That sucks.
Is she getting a decent package?
Are they setting her up with with a career placement agency?

Our company just laid off 10 people but they were all given very nice packages and they were also set up with a career placement agency to help them find new jobs.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
That sucks.
Is she getting a decent package?
Are they setting her up with with a career placement agency?

Our company just laid off 10 people but they were all given very nice packages and they were also set up with a career placement agency to help them find new jobs.

If she stays the full 90 days, because of her 10 years, she'll receive 15 weeks severance but honestly if she finds something else I'd rather pass on the 15 weeks.

I do ok, technically she doesn't need to work, but her company benefits were like gold compared to mine. The situation still blows though.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
If she stays the full 90 days, because of her 10 years, she'll receive 15 weeks severance but honestly if she finds something else I'd rather pass on the 15 weeks.

I do ok, technically she doesn't need to work, but her company benefits were like gold compared to mine. The situation still blows though.

Yeah, that severance is not woth waiting for if she finds something before the 90 days.
Our guys were given 4 weeks pay for every year of employment.
Some of them were 20 year employees, so they would have received 80 weeks pay which is definitely worth waiting for.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Like others said, at least she got 90 days notice.

My father worked at his company for 25 years (he started there a few months after I was born) and bang one day him and a bunch of other people are rounded up for an emergency "meeting" and all laid off. No notice. Their company was still making good profits but used a shitty economy as an excuse to get rid of a bunch of people that were replaceable with younger lesser-paid people so they could still make better profits.

Your lady will land on her feet much like my father did. A week after being laid off he was contacted by a close customer/contractor he worked with, and had a job a month later. He now also has a 30min commute each way as opposed to a 2hr one (each way). When you account the tiny pay cut vs the money he spent on the vanpool and personal commuting expenses, he brings home more now.

Stay positive and help her hit craigslist, careerbuilder, monster, etc. Shell find something easy if shes that talented. And +1 on the sweater.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully she has no problem finding a new job and hopefully its better than her current one. I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason. Last spring something similar happened to my wife. She found a new job that is 10x better than her old one and they are paying for her to finish her Masters Degree. Hang in there brother.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
some may, or may not agree with me but this is why i say never be loyal to a company. im not saying dont do your job well, but always be in a position where you can walk away

good luck

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
sucks man, alot of people are in your shoes. 90 days notice is decent though...time to find something else. Good luck!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
some may, or may not agree with me but this is why i say never be loyal to a company. im not saying dont do your job well, but always be in a position where you can walk away

good luck

I agree with you. Always keep your options open and ALWAYS do what is right for you and for your family. Being a loyal employee won't keep you safe from situations like this one. On the company side, profits always come first.

Loyalty to the employee is normally further down the list.

HD, she'll find a job soon!

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I got laid off Friday with no notice. I left a good company to go to where I was and they said they couldn't afford my salary after 4 months. I was 132% of plan.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Sorry to hear this but as said above things always happen for a reason. Myself and many that I know have come out much better in the end.

What industry / profession is she in? I may be able to help.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Sorry to hear that! With that kind of experience she should be able to find something quickly. I'd DEFINITELY start looking now as you have at least 100 other people (assuming they all have the same job) looking for the exact same job as her. Timing is critical here.

Chesapeake is laying off HUUUGE numbers here in OKC. Very very glad I didn't go work for them when I graduated and just stayed where I interned. It's really not fair though & people wonder why this country is in the shitter. Company execs want to make an extra little bit per day/yr, whatever and they outsource.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member

good luck

Yup if they want loyalty they should hire a dog.

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
Hope she finds something quick. My wife may be changing jobs soon and hearing all the above makes it very concerning.

Users who are viewing this thread