My weekend toy

RUNVS?

Established Member
RaceBox

It's a GPS-driven accelerometer.
Very accurate, too. It matches the readout rate on the analog speedometer perfectly. I have mine powered through a USB-C cord that I ran through the dashboard over to the power source. It also has a lithium battery you can charge up for wireless operation. The battery run time is about 45 minutes.

I leave mine on all the time. It will store dozens and dozens of runs, but I'll purge them out once every couple of weeks. I can always save the ones I want to keep. You also get an online cloud account that you can use to store data.

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Very nice!

Do you have wheel hop issues when it's trying to get traction?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
RaceBox

It's a GPS-driven accelerometer.
Very accurate, too. It matches the readout rate on the analog speedometer perfectly. I have mine powered through a USB-C cord that I ran through the dashboard over to the power source. It also has a lithium battery you can charge up for wireless operation. The battery run time is about 45 minutes.

I leave mine on all the time. It will store dozens and dozens of runs, but I'll purge them out once every couple of weeks. I can always save the ones I want to keep. You also get an online cloud account that you can use to store data.

That's very cool. Does it measure 60-130mph?

RUNVS?

Established Member
No wheel hop, just wheelspin if given too much throttle. It launches straight and has never gone sideways on me.

The RaceBox measures 0-60 ET, 60-ft. ET and MPH, 1/8th mile ET and MPH, and 1/4 mile ET and MPH. I leave mine on the DRAG METER setting all the time and it will start a new run each time I come to a complete stop, then go into motion again. With a push of a button, you can also perform a manual run with a 5-second countdown, like a tree at the drag strip.

In the CUSTOM mode, I believe you can define any speed range you want to measure, such as 50-100, or 60-130 MPH. I've never used this feature, so I'm not really familiar with it. You can also set it up to measure lap times for an autocross course.

Last edited:

RUNVS?

Established Member
I think I'm going to have Santa bring me a 3.50-inch Whipple blower pulley for Christmas. I'm running the 3.75-inch blower pulley now, which bumped the boost from 9 lbs. to about 11.25 lbs. The 3.50 will add two more lbs. of boost and about 60 horsepower. :alien:

RUNVS?

Established Member
Sadly, I'm also toying with the reality that I may end up selling the truck. I don't really want to, but I may have to. It will all depend on how well our IRA does over the next year. It is critical that our retirement account does well in the next quarter. The 2024 elections will be key for us as well. We cannot take another four years of Bidenomics.

My wife and I are both retired and we're now living on a fixed income. She retired back in 2013 and I retired last year. When I retired, we trimmed our expenses dramatically. We unloaded her 2019 Lincoln Nautilus and I sold both of my Harley-Davidson motorcycles, getting us down to just the 2020 F-150 and the 2017 Fusion Sport. The truck is fully paid for, and I have a clear title on it. However, we still owe about $11,500 on the Fusion. We also have a mortgage and a small home improvement loan to pay off. No medical, student loan, or credit card debt. Just the usual bills like electricity, internet, TV, water, groceries, insurance,...etc.

Half of our required income is provided through our monthly social security deposits. The other half comes from quarterly withdrawals from our IRA. So far, we've been able to sustain the principal balance of our IRA by taking just the profits. We have not been forced to sell any of our holdings at a loss. However, we all know that the markets have sucked under the Biden administration and profits are getting harder and harder to find. The next quarter is huge for us.... praying for a good "Santa Claus" bump from the retail sector.

I've got a threshold I intend to honor when it comes to our IRA balance.... a comfort zone, for lack of a better term. If we cross that threshold and go below my comfort zone, that could trigger the sale of the truck. I have no doubts that if and/or when I put it up for sale, it will sell quick. There are probably quite a few Camaro SS, Supra Turbo, Challenger R/T, Ram TRX, Scat Pack Charger, and GT Mustang owners around the Cypress / Tomball / Houston area that might be interested in upgrading to something a lot faster. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

RUNVS?

Established Member
I just ordered a 3.50-inch blower pulley from Whipple. This will add another 50 horsepower to the truck and should push the total up over 800.
asthanos.gif

RUNVS?

Established Member
The new 3.50-inch blower pulley has been installed and the boost gauge is now topping 13 lbs. of boost. I'm going to need to put the Michelin Man on speed dial because flooring the truck at 50 MPH will spin the tires.... on concrete and in 70 degree air. One of these days, I'm going to have to get this truck on a dyno to see what it's making. It's got to be north of 810HP/730 TQ. It would probably be a good idea to data log it at the same time.

There is a Cletus McFarland YouTube video of a truck similar to mine and they did the exact same pulley swap and got 867 horsepower / 786 torque out of theirs. o_O

Attachments

• Pulley swap 03-01-2024 (2).JPEG
    Pulley swap 03-01-2024 (2).JPEG
    389.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Pulley swap 03-01-2024 (4).JPEG
    Pulley swap 03-01-2024 (4).JPEG
    443.1 KB · Views: 14

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Bad ass!

How much does it throw off the power though with the dyno I. 5th gear? Pretty sure 7th is 1:1 but I understand the driveshaft concerns

Users who are viewing this thread