My VMP Gen II dyno tune result

Poisonous West

Established Member
Just have my 2011 GT500 first time dyno tune by Justin from VMP tuning (Justin and his family and BJ are here for the Woodward dream cruise – good to see you guys again in Metro Detroit).

Ambient temperature is ~ 90 – 91*F and humidly is about 65%. Also, there is NOT FAN in front of the radiator during dyno as you can see in the below picture and I am using 93 octane pump gas so it would reflect the real result during a hot summer day.

1[SUP]st[/SUP] pull – 711 RWHP & 708 RW Torque (Ft-lb)
After some twist
Final number – 719 RWHP & 717 RW Torque (Ft-lb)

Quite happy :beer: with the results consider my GT500 is a 2011 model year. If
it’s a 2013/14 GT500 the result would be at least 760 RWHP (due to 0.4L bigger
displacement, 0.6 higher compression ratio, and more duration and higher lift
camshaft). I still have few tricks have not done on my car yet which should
give me another ~30RWHP. My goal is to have a 750RWHP on pump gas with a TVS supercharger.

My mod lists are listed as follow. Also, the motor is totally stock.

• TRUE 136mm ID CAI tube - custom design and made piece
• VMP 70mm twin bore throttle body (bore out from 67mm to 70mm)
• VMP Gen II TVS with 2.4" pulley
• ID 1000cc fuel injector with BPS billet fuel rail
• VMP Fuel Pump Booster
• ARH 1-7/8 long tube header with O/R H pipe & Corsa muffler - this combo is LOUD at WOT
• VMP dual fan heat exchanger
• Reische 170* degree thermostat
• SP-471 spark plug gap at 0.035” – full time 20 volt ignition without spark blow-out

Capture-1.JPGCapture-2.JPGCapture-3.JPG

Poisonous West

Established Member
"Congrats! How much boost are you at with this setup?"

My after market Roush boost gauge (mechanical boost gauge) shows ~ 16 - 16.5 psi - never reach 17 psi.

"Ignition booster?"

Yes. That's correct. You can get more complete burn of the air / fuel mixture by using higher spark energy and open up the spark plug gap witout spark blow out result in more power output. Decrease the spark plug gap to eliminate spark blow out is not answer for me. The fuel is already injected - the more the complete burn, the higer the output with less waste fuel.

"Some better air and a lower, you should hit your goal with no problem."

It's true that a OD lower can give me another ~2 to 3 psi. But my main goal is to hit 750 RWHP on PUMP GAS with AS LITTLE BOOST AS POSSIBLE (~ 16 psi) with just a 2.3L TVS supercharger. Anyone can just put in a big S/C and get 750RWHP. My objective is to get the most effeciency out of this set-up. Actually this route is cost EVEN MORE than buying a bigger S/C.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
That's some damn good #s. If I were to do it again, I'd most likely go that route, but most of my mods (mainly the whipple 3.4L) came 5+ years ago when there were fewer options available.

b00stin

Established Member
Poisonous West I was the other GT500 (vapor silver 08) there with you that day. Your car is a beast. I ended up putting down 701hp and 679tq after you left. Needless to say I was more than happy.

DGladhill

Established Member
Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member
If you've got the same mods as him ( obviously aside from the blower ) you should be making pretty similar numbers.

:beer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edAEkt7Aq4I

As an example, making 722rwhp @ 18psi without LTs. ( with your blower :p )

I made 701whp on a mustang dyno at 20lbs boost and e85. There's a bit more in my tune. Im prolly 750-775whp on dyno jet but I don't race the numbers. I mention swapping for the tq of the tvs and I'm tired of TB issues I'm having with the KB.

Users who are viewing this thread