My Tuning experience blew my motor and led me to sell my 03 cobra..

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by hedstrosity
one common denominator in three ocurrances
F8l Vnm -- dgussin1 -- combatstang
all very recently.. i wasnt gonna say $hit but read..
THE :read: was to *subscribe* so i can see how this unfolds.
dont worry, you'll grow up one day and see 2+2 really is 4, no matter what your tuner tells you :lol:
read my sig.:-D

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Con-foo-shus say, man hoo stik thumm in hott pott get bernt finguh........

Con-foo-shus say, man hoo step in dog shizzle get steenky foot........

Con-foo-shus say, man hoo up boost wit out beda toon get big pay-pa weight

ahhhhh........the advantages of having common sense:p

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by LTHL PSI
I think you totally misunderstood what i was trying to say..I was never talking about your replies or anybodies in particulars in this thread. All i was stating was that in the past in threads like this..even when the customer was right, the tuner's "cheerleaders" would come on and defend him even when they knew he was wrong, and i'm not talking about shaun, i'm just generally speaking. I think its fine that you post your opinion or facts, good or bad. I always post my negative stories, but at the same time i also post my positive ones too. Again I was not pointing any fingers, i was making a general comment. Besides you can tell who is a cheerleader and who isnt..just read some of the replies on similar threads or maybe even this one.

Thanks for clearing that up :rockon:

BCM

Established Member
Con-foo-shus say, man who run in front of car get tired

Con-foo-shus say, man who run in back of car get exhausted

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by combatstang
Dude, you really need to stop bashing on shuan.. u playing with your car after a good tune destroyed your car.. not him...

stop talking sh*t

Marc

Marc not calling u out but i have to say this for Abtin. he is a cool guy and he is just expressing what he has gone through. every one has his & her opinion about folks...its there right to have an opinion.

forget the boards and talk to every one u see at the track. some have good results & some do not but u will find some truth to all complaints.

Abtin as for Steve & Powertrain. sorry but i know Juan loves the guy to death but i have never liked the stories i hear about his tail sniffer. Also his Dyno compared to Superior can very the numbers. Think folks thought that Allan was lean also but we know he is pig & i mean PIG Rich at the top end 10.5 A/F & still makes over 580rwhp.

Sorry to hear about the trade in man. hope to still see u at the track

:rockon:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraGirlSVT
I'm sure Aptin would love to respond to you all, but I read on the SoCalDiablo board that he has been banned from this board.
If Abtin = F8l Vnm that is incorrect ("Banned" will appear as the user's title, if that happens...).

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Screemin' 331
Sucks people get banned for speaking their minds and telling about their experiences.... :cuss:

:shrug:

IF "IF" he was banned it was more than just speaking his mind.

marcseidler

I have never read about anyone succesfully making decent HP with the Eaton with more than a 2.76 upper and 14lbs for long. More than that you need a different blower. With the Eaton 500hp or so is about it without Juice.

Now don't flame me as I have seen claims of more HP also ,but this is not substantiated in most cases an dthe Dyno info ia also suspect.

I don't actually have a Shawn Ellis tune on my truck but several of my close freinds do. I witnessed two 03 Cobras (one that I drive regularly) come in with rough tunes, and leave in flawless condition. I noticed several times, Shawn would not let the car leave unless he was totally satisfied and so was the customer. He spent a lot of time getting the cars just perfect and there were some amazing numbers pulled out.

Anyways, I just wanted to pass on that I have seen his tunes in person and he was not lazy at all.

hedstrosity

take the BLUE pill :)
Established Member
Originally posted by RYAN the GREAT
I don't actually have a Shawn Ellis tune on my truck but several of my close freinds do. I witnessed two 03 Cobras (one that I drive regularly) come in with rough tunes, and leave in flawless condition. I noticed several times, Shawn would not let the car leave unless he was totally satisfied and so was the customer. He spent a lot of time getting the cars just perfect and there were some amazing numbers pulled out.

Anyways, I just wanted to pass on that I have seen his tunes in person and he was not lazy at all.
"one" would want to leave a lasting impression when traveling to New Mexico this last weekend to a dyno day "he" setup....
be thankful yuo guys got A/F charts....
"ALL" this could easily be resolved with an A/F readout and communication on the timing curves. is this really too much to ask for? it would stop any questioning wouldnt it? if someone blew a motor then blame wouldnt / couldnt be shifted in any direction right :shrug: ??
be thankful you arent local cause customer service is something thats surely not first class... just browse his website and see all the people that dont get answers for weeks on end, people who dont get called back, and dont get products as promised.
its great you had a good experience, but that doesnt discredit the MANY who havent ....

the #1 thing it all comes down to is A/F, and Timing.....
you wouldnt see the many unhappy threads if those were supplied... THATS IT.. and nobody can argue that :??:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Screemin' 331
Sucks people get banned for speaking their minds and telling about their experiences.... :cuss:

Dude, can you read (from the post IMMEDIATELY prior to yours):

Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
If Abtin = F8l Vnm that is incorrect ("Banned" will appear as the user's title, if that happens...).

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by hedstrosity
"one" would want to leave a lasting impression when traveling to New Mexico this last weekend to a dyno day "he" setup....
be thankful yuo guys got A/F charts....
"ALL" this could easily be resolved with an A/F readout and communication on the timing curves. is this really too much to ask for? it would stop any questioning wouldnt it? if someone blew a motor then blame wouldnt / couldnt be shifted in any direction right :shrug: ??
be thankful you arent local cause customer service is something thats surely not first class... just browse his website and see all the people that dont get answers for weeks on end, people who dont get called back, and dont get products as promised.
its great you had a good experience, but that doesnt discredit the MANY who havent ....

the #1 thing it all comes down to is A/F, and Timing.....
you wouldnt see the many unhappy threads if those were supplied... THATS IT.. and nobody can argue that :??:

The fact that shawn doesn't give out A/F printouts isn't because he doesn't want to, it's because Superior Automotive doesn't have A/F data logging capabitities at this point but they DO have a wide band meter that reads in real time. As I stated in my previous post, during my tune, he asked me if I wanted to watch my A/F since he couldn't give me a print out. I was worried about my A/F so to make me feel confortable, he let me watch it. DUring my tune, he was staring at the A/F wide band meter while they made pulls on the dyno. He made adjustments as necessary. Trust me, I'm anal about my car and I watched him like a hawk. He did a great job on my ride. THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING. By the way, I didn't mess with the car since the dyno tune because it WAS tuned according to my mods. Further modding without another tune is plane stupid with these HP levels.

Users who are viewing this thread