My TT 2V stang made 550RWHP...STOCK shortblock!

04gtstang

Established Member
Title spills the beans :D This is my OFFICIAL BEFORE dyno. I will be doing an after run soon to compare VT STG 1 cams to custom turbo cams. Made 3 different boost passes. 7.5PSI, 9.2PSI, and 11.4PSI. Timing varies with VE, so it was ranging from 15-16*s or so.

7.5PSI

101_0319.jpg

spiked to 9.6PSI...thats what made peak #s 477.

101_0321.jpg

And this one was @ 11.9PSI...last 2 frames showed 11.9 so...

101_0316.jpg

It was only gaining 18HP per # of boost from 7.5PSI-9.6PSI. But gaing 31RWHP per # of boost from 9.6PSI to 11.9PSI. These turbos LOVE more boost....they are just getting started @ 12PSI :lol: . Just think, another # would put me to over well over 580 :rolling: . Dyno A/F is 1 point leaner than my wideband shows....and that was confirmed by the workers whos widebands differed .5-1 point from the dynos tail sniffer.

And here is the video. Youtube is having maintenance, but hopefully it will work in a bit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rexe237Ti7Q

Let me know what you all think :)

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
HOLY CHRIST! 550 from a stock block! Thats freakin ridiculous crazy badass!!:bowdown: That must be a record for highest HP stock block that isnt running on an engine dyno! Are you still returnless fuel system? If so...even more badass! The question is....how long you plan on it lasting before you need to build it?

rhstang02

Established Member
from what i remember it was a custom kit he built... may i ask how much timing?
EDIT: i reread the original post nvm

Last edited:

04gtstang

Established Member
Thanks everyone!

awesome! what compression are you running?

Whatever stock is...9.4 I think????

HOLY CHRIST! 550 from a stock block! Thats freakin ridiculous crazy badass!!:bowdown: That must be a record for highest HP stock block that isnt running on an engine dyno! Are you still returnless fuel system? If so...even more badass! The question is....how long you plan on it lasting before you need to build it?

Yea I would be curious if it currently has the title among the alive motors...I know of one who made over 600RWHP, but it just seen that # on the dyno and then blew a few pulls later. :nonono:

GOAL is to get to 100K miles at least....has 70K now. And yes, still on a returnless setup...twin Ford GT pumps and im actually about to go start doing the wiring upgrade...because its out of fuel LOL. 10PSI pegs the pumps out.

Sweet tits! who build the TT kit?

Me and my dad actually performed all of the work :rockon:

braceyaself

Established Member
pics of the kit? Man your maken some good power! Im going to push my motor to the limits this summer also lol prolly not 550 but maybe 500 on race fuel and meth lol

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Hm. I really hope it stays together. I've really been debating about turning mine up that much once it gets done. The 98 cobra motors are supposed to only be good for around 450-475rwhp before they break but....ugh

Users who are viewing this thread