My Truck is Better Than Your's

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This thread is dedicated to collecting information on features that make the 2008 Super Duty trucks superior to its competition. This is for actual parts, not just payload or hp numbers. I'll start by saying that the front leaf spring hangers on the SD are both riveted and welded to the frame whereas the new GM truck's are just riveted.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Dont know if this counts or the other two big names are doing it, but Ford now offers the F450 in regular car dealerships whereas previously only available at commercial dealership?

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Like I told you in the PM, I figure I'll post it here for future potential customers.....

After I come back from our two week layoff (vacation) in July, we will start building 2008.5's. There are some changes and new options....

Option 1 : new tailgate camera that will allow you to look trhough your rearveiw mirror to see as you back up to your trailer. No more jumping in and out of your truck or having someone wave at you.

Option 2 : the 350 duelly will have the "fat boy" option. The "fat boy" option is what the 450-550's have. You ever see them with the big flares on the front fenders? Those flares allow us to have the front wheels further out which allows for a better turning radius when towing something. The 350 duelly will now have this option. We ran a few of them last week and they look killer.:rockon:

On my job, I install the steering shaft. I have 2 different ones. One is for 250-350's and one is for 450-550's. The 2008.5's will use one style steering shaft, but use two different dust covers like they use now.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I just put an afe intake, superchips flashpaq and a magnaflow exhaust on an 08 dually at work and it really woke it up. The exhaust isn't much louder due to the particle filter and the bajillion precats/cats but on the performance tune it couldn't keep the tires hooked on a roll from 30 (customer was driving). I'm not a fan of the new front ends but the motor seems to have quite a bit of potential, surprising given the vast amount of emissions equipment.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
venoNOS said:
I love my F350. Good job to the Kentucky plant for doing a fine job.:coolman: :thumbsup:

Thanks man!!! :rockon: :thumbsup:

Our plant has been on shut down for the past two weeks, but will be back in operation on Monday. Once we start building the 2008.5's I should find some other things that were changed. If I do, I'll let you know. :thumbsup:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
theres a new cold-heater, something like that. so you have heat instantly instead of having to wait 25 minutes for heat in winter.

starts in negative degree temps. within 2 or 3 seconds.

theres plenty of new things, can't think of anymore of the top of my head..lol

new superduty owns chevy/dodge anyday of the week.

( i will say though, all new cummins come with a jak-brake as an option, lol thats pretty cool )

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Not sure if any of you knew this or not, but the 6.4 does not use Garret turbos anymore. They are using Borge Warner turbos now.

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
SID297 said:
The frame on the new SD is .260 inches thick.

I wonder how this compares to the new Tundra since they seemed to really hype their frame, although I have heard reports that on video, you can really see the bed moving around when off-roading.

a94cobra

Established Member
You know how Ford shows the frame and bolts of other makers on the display at the Ford showroom. Ford shows how they rate to Toyota and Chevy(i think). Toyota only compares themselves to the Chevy. No Ford.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Ride comfort and handling is vastly improved. 3k on the clock now and milage is starting to improve. On the way back from Bowling Green we got 16.8 mpg. At 1500 miles it was getting 14.7 hwy. Not one problem or clitch so far. I'll keep you updated.

Rick
DSC01490.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread