My Traction Control is screwed up after going to Tires Plus

Cold Brew

Established Member
Got some "performance" blizzaks from tires plus for the winter.

Ever since I had these tires, My traction control engages at the most inopportune times.

Going around a curve on a freeway... traction control always kicks in and cuts the motor! Normally I just drive with the TC off, but during the winter im going to be wanting to have it on. These are not sharp curves at all.... just long sweeping ones that you dont have to slow down though. Accelerating on a slight curve does the same thing. what gives?

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
You may wanna take it in and have the sensors looked at. Isnt a problem I woud be wiling to drive with.

Cold Brew

Established Member
Jdaniel said:
You may wanna take it in and have the sensors looked at. Isnt a problem I woud be wiling to drive with.

normally I wouldnt care b/c I never have TC on anyway but with winter coming I may need it. Take it back to tires plus or take it elsewhere?

03SBSVT said:
Why would you drive a 03 cobra in the winter? buy a winter beater or sell your car.

Just curious. I keep hearing this from a lot of you guys regarding not driving the Cobra in the winter. Whats the big deal any way? I see my share of snow here in NJ and the car doesn't handle that bad in the cold. Don't get me wrong...I won't drive the car in the snow. I just call out of work when it snows. But outside of that the car handles well in the winter.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
03SBSVT, A few folks here choose to drive their Terminators in the winter. Some like to drive it year round. Some can't afford a beater or don't want to insure both cars. That's their choice!

Back to the subject. Cold Brew, I would not expect TC to kick in with those tires unless you're losing traction, which you seem to imply you're not. So I would definitely take it in to your dealer and have it checked under warranty.

Cold Brew

Established Member
CobraBob said:
03SBSVT, A few folks here choose to drive their Terminators in the winter. Some like to drive it year round. Some can't afford a beater or don't want to insure both cars. That's their choice!

Back to the subject. Cold Brew, I would not expect TC to kick in with those tires unless you're losing traction, which you seem to imply you're not. So I would definitely take it in to your dealer and have it checked under warranty.

Yeah Im definitely not losing traction. My car isnt under warranty anymore, any idea how much something like this would cost?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
01cobravortech said:
Just curious. I keep hearing this from a lot of you guys regarding not driving the Cobra in the winter. Whats the big deal any way? I see my share of snow here in NJ and the car doesn't handle that bad in the cold. Don't get me wrong...I won't drive the car in the snow. I just call out of work when it snows. But outside of that the car handles well in the winter.
03SBSVT, and up pops one of those "few folks" I just referred to. ;-)

01cobravortech, I agree. There is nothing wrong with driving a Cobra through the winter months if you choose to. Many prefer to spend as much time driving it as possible. We know they are not the best in medium/heavy snow but we're not in upper Canada, either. LOL!

CobraBob said:
03SBSVT, and up pops one of those "few folks" I just referred to. ;-)

01cobravortech, I agree. There is nothing wrong with driving a Cobra through the winter months if you choose to. Many prefer to spend as much time driving it as possible. We know they are not the best in medium/heavy snow but we're not in upper Canada, either. LOL!

Agreed :beer: I could never put the Cobra in the hanger for the Winter with those awesome cold nights of 'spirited driving."

TEABG

Banned
03SBSVT said:
Why would you drive a 03 cobra in the winter? buy a winter beater or sell your car.

Because most of us can not afford a -2006 F-350 V-10 4x4 & a Cobra. Cobra will do fine in the rain!

Fred Brown

Established Member
traction control

Cold Brew even though your new tires were sold as the same size, if the outside circumference is even a little bit smaller it will upset your traction control. small size diferences is common from one manufacturer to another . I experienced it early on . I had the original Goodyears on the front and another brand on the rear. Fred

Cold Brew

Established Member
Fred Brown said:
Cold Brew even though your new tires were sold as the same size, if the outside circumference is even a little bit smaller it will upset your traction control. small size diferences is common from one manufacturer to another . I experienced it early on . I had the original Goodyears on the front and another brand on the rear. Fred

ahh, so basically im screwed?

Fred Brown

Established Member
traction control

Cold Brew no, your not screwed turn it off. I have an Amazon tune ,and Rick has mine turned Off all the time. Fred

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
01cobravortech said:

bc when it snows, they put down salt and sand which in turn = bad for cars.

As for traction control, as someone else said, have it looked at, or try and fix it with yoru handheld(if u have one)

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
once again, John provides a logical answer

I would have to agree, having run Blizzaks on another vehicle

Cold Brew

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
the traction control engages because your tires are slipping. blizzaks are super soft and using them in the dry wears them quickly.

NTF (no trouble found)

Thats not the issue.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I have no problem with driving a Cobra (or Mustang GT) in the SNOW or RAIN, it's just that I won't subject either of my Mustangs to ROAD SALT. So they sleep in heated garages all Winter, and my wife and I have second cars.

By all means if you drive in rain get the TC looked at and fixed.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I'm betting the farm that Fred Brown is right. Your tires are a different size from the front. There is nothing wrong with the tc and it is in fact working exactly like it should. I believe a dealer can check each individual sensor and see what speed each wheel is turning. But it won't be warranty and you will probably have to pay for it...or have the tire shop pay for it.

Of course, they could have damaged a sensor/wire too......

Users who are viewing this thread