My story of kidney stones

LogiWorld123

Established Member
That was an unpleasant weekend. Come to find out, I have three stones- a 3mm, 4mm in the left kidney tube, and a single 8mm in the right. All decided to start passing along at the same time. I literally threw up from the pain. As they were wheeling me back to the ER, I locked my legs and broke the foot rests off of the wheelchair.

I won't be forgetting that anytime soon. You guys have similar stories? (my stones still haven't passed, so they are still in there)

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Never had them and hope I never do. Sister had them a couple of times actually and had to go to the er both times. She was pissed because she sat in her room for an hour or so before she was finally seen and given pain medicine. By then she had felt better.

oldmodman

Established Member
Not kidney, but gallstones.

Gallbladder got so swollen that is became infected and then burst. Emergency surgery saved me from dying from peritonitis. After removal I have never had another problem.

Were you a good candidate for lithotripsy?

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
I had one at 24 years old. It set on like a backache, next thing I know I am throwing up from severe pain and having to go to the TMC (I was deployed in Iraq). I passed it, it hurt like hell when I did. Never had another one thank God. The DR gave me pain meds and told me to drink water to pass it. I don't know how big it was or why it happened, I have always been healthy other than that.

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
Last fall I was just getting ready to go to work, when I began having what I thought was a terrible stomach ache. I decided to tough it out and hit the road (work is a 45 minute commute). I set the cruise control at 72 MPH and turned up the music. About 20 minutes into the ride the pain became much worse. I began sweating profusely and became light headed. I made the decision to pull over............made that decision a split second before I passed out. When I regained consciousness, I was in the middle of an Illinois corn field. Ended up about 450 feet off of the highway. My commuter car was totalled (2008 Malibu), as were two saplings, a mile marker sign, and a small section of farm fencing. At the hospital they found 3 stones in my ureter(s) and 2 in my bladder.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
When I was at work. Started out as lower back pain and just got worse.We had to call an ambulance [ my first ride in one] As soon as the EMT's get to the job the lead guy asks me does it hurt there [ lower back] I said yep. He said you prolly have kidney stones. On the way there the gave me a shot which caused me to puke in the ambulance [ thank god it was clear liquid].
I was in the ER when it passed.
The pain put me down it was so intense. When everything started to feel better I called the wife and started the conversation with "Guess where I am?"
After assuring her I was ok she was ****ing pissed that I didn't call her right away. I told her I couldn't even think at that point.

meadeSVT

Established Member
Had one couple of years ago. My symptom was I got up one morning and peed blood, pure blood. I thought that couldn't be good and went to the dr.
Nurse asked, so you have a tint of red in your urine? I said no, I pee pure blood and produced a nice sample for her. Dr. sent me in for a scan to see how big stone was, only 2mm, you can pass it he said, and gave me a strainer to catch it in. I asked wtf did I care what it was after it came out?!?
To which he replied there were 4 different kinds of stones and the treatment was different for each. Well, I could not find another man on the planet that didn't tell me that was the WORST pain they ever felt in their life. Man was I scared. I gave up on catching the dam thing in a strainer after a couple days of nothing, and finally passed it at Soldier Field in Chicago at a Bears game in a porta john....I was drinking at a pretty good pace and had to go, I started and stopped in mid-stream, I looked down and thought, O God NO, not here, not now!!! Then with a burst of flow it came out, absolutely NO PAIN, and a HUGE feeling of relief.......so there is hope, and I was told coke helps to break it down, drink a ton of it at a time, I did, don't know if it was the key, but it sure didn't hurt to try...

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Had one couple of years ago. My symptom was I got up one morning and peed blood, pure blood. I thought that couldn't be good and went to the dr.
Nurse asked, so you have a tint of red in your urine? I said no, I pee pure blood and produced a nice sample for her. Dr. sent me in for a scan to see how big stone was, only 2mm, you can pass it he said, and gave me a strainer to catch it in. I asked wtf did I care what it was after it came out?!?
To which he replied there were 4 different kinds of stones and the treatment was different for each. Well, I could not find another man on the planet that didn't tell me that was the WORST pain they ever felt in their life. Man was I scared. I gave up on catching the dam thing in a strainer after a couple days of nothing, and finally passed it at Soldier Field in Chicago at a Bears game in a porta john....I was drinking at a pretty good pace and had to go, I started and stopped in mid-stream, I looked down and thought, O God NO, not here, not now!!! Then with a burst of flow it came out, absolutely NO PAIN, and a HUGE feeling of relief.......so there is hope, and I was told coke helps to break it down, drink a ton of it at a time, I did, don't know if it was the key, but it sure didn't hurt to try...
Ive been told that drinking a lot of diet soda actually causes kidney stones. The best way to prevent them in life is by drinking water. IDK if this is an urban legend or not.

Svt Fox

Established Member
Two different stones, 6 months apart. I've been shot, stabbed, and bitten in my line of work and I have to say it was the worst physical pain I have ever felt in my life.

The nurse that I had for my second stone said that its the closest a male can get to experiencing what child labor is like.

blk96slowbra

Established Member
I had my first first stone 5 years ago, I was 19 and a freshman in college. My urogist said I'm the youngest with stones he's ever had and probably will be for a while. It all started when I returned from Christmas vacation to get some work study in. I was woken up around 1AM with terrible pains and thought it was stomach cramps so I just rolled over and went back to sleep. Every half hour I would wake up and the pain would get worse so I eventually called my mom and when I was on the phone I started puking from the pain. She told me to go to public safety and talk with them and she was on her way( which happens to be an hour and a half drive). I talk to them and they say they can't take me anywhere because they are th only one on staff at 4AM but will come check on me as he makes his rounds. When he comes to check on me I tell everything is good except I'm pissing blood. He calls the person who is in charge of residential life to see if she can run me to the hospital. She was going to but when she saw I was throwing up said she didn't want to get her car dirty. The hospital is across the street I could've walked but everyone said no cause they were afraid I might pass out on the way there. Finally they just call an ambulance and I take a ride across the street after being in th worst pain of my life for nearly 7 hours.
Then comes the fun part of passing the stone. A week or so went by and nothing and I was drinking water like it was going out of style. One morning as I'm getting ready to go work on a house my cousin was flipping, I'm in the bathroom pissing and feel something coming. It's getting closer and closer......and then I run out of pee!! It was stuck in the tip and felt like a bee was stinging dong. I started chugging bottles of water on my way to work and an hour later finally piss it out in the backyard of a house in the ghetto.

Machdup1

Established Member
Two different stones, 6 months apart. I've been shot, stabbed, and bitten in my line of work and I have to say it was the worst physical pain I have ever felt in my life.

The nurse that I had for my second stone said that its the closest a male can get to experiencing what child labor is like.

I've been through three times. I have been cut, stabbed, broken bones and beaten and nothing compares because the pain comes in waves that last. The first time i drove home in the middle of a pain wave then went to the emergency room. Morphine > Kidney Stone.

va boy

Established Member
I had a 7 mm stone 2 years ago. I don't even have to tell you my story, you KNOW what it's like. I'll be praying for you brother!

Worst pain ever doesn't even begin to describe it, does it?

SirJAG

Established Member
i had a single 4mm stone...would say it was the worst pain of my life. the only thing that got me thru it was remembering the pain i was in back in 2004 after a motorcycle wreck. was in a wheel chair for a long time, 12 times under the knife...that was worse, but just barely.

i have read that you cannot pass anything over 7mm...is that what the doc is telling you?

from the time it left my kidney, it took 11 days to drop it in my pee cup...was bad man...i feel for you.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
My Dad is the toughest man I know. In the last 30 years he's called in sick to work like 3 times. All 3 were kidney stones, he'd start driving and would have to stop every couple minutes so he could puke, I cant imagine it.

xprocharged

Established Member
My god I'm feeling pain just reading these stories. Its messing with my head.

Last edited:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Apparently kidney stones are hereditary and my father had his first one at 18 - so I'm past due. I'm happy about that.

big dad

Established Member
So far I've had five in the last ten years. Each one has been a little different. One thing they all have in common is pissing blood that looks like grape Kool-Aid.
I passed the last one about one month ago. It was about

this far from the end of my Tallywhacker, and the size of a Caddy.
Whew what a relief.

94_Vert

Established Member
My father in law has them all of the time, and my wife is having her first one right now, she's 31. I know she is much tougher then me,(she's had 2 kids and barely made a peep without any drugs) and it doubled her over and had her crying in about 15 min.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
My wife had a 12mm and had to have lithotripsy in February. When she called me at work she said she could not move and her left side was hurting so bad she did not know what it was. I took her to our local hospital and they transported her to Marshall University's Cabell Huntington Hospital.

Drink plenty of fluids. The surgery took out the kidney stones and they told her to drink plenty of fluids. Every day.

Users who are viewing this thread