My Stg V ported numbers

MustangThief

Established Member
Hey guys, figured I'd post up the numbers.

I'm at work and don't have the sheets, but they are pretty convoluted anyway. They have 5-6 parameters on each printout, rpm/boost/tq/hp/af/spd

It was a good time, and I found out some interesting info.

My numbers went to

482 RWHP / 485 RWTQ on my DD tune - from 414 RWHP / 450 RWTQ
503 RWHP / 502 RWTQ on my Perf tune - from 440 RWHP / 470 RWTQ

--

Previously I thought I had 20 higher tq number than I had last round of mods. He pulled it up screen when I questioned the tq gains, and he was right.

So the total gain with JUST the Stg V port/BAP/60#/MAFia is:

68 RWHP / 35 RWTQ increase for my DD tune
63 RWHP / 32 RWTQ increase for my Performance tune

-------

This is with my DD tune being set at a very conservative 19* timing, with 7 and 8cyl being set at 18* max timing, and flowing right around 11.4-11.8 throughout the whole RPM range.

The Performance tune is 21.5* timing, with 7 and 8 cyl being at 20.5* max. AF staying right at 11.6 throughout run.

This is with my MAFia set at 2, and my BAP set at 30.

Everything is looking great, and the tuner was very impressed with the output from the port. He kept clicking on the max HP/TQ and going, "How much did Stiegmeier say you should get? Wow that's spot on!"

:rockon:

Also, these runs were done with little cooldown between runs, and less timing that I ran BEFORE the port. So he's guessing i picked up a little more but wanted to stay a little lower on timing than I was in the past.

I'm going to try to call him today to get a good graph printed, the graphs I got, as I said, have a ton of parameters logged on them.

Overall, I'm very happy with the way the car is performing now, 2nd gear feels like a faceripper again!

Oh also, oddly, my boost pre-port was showing around 12psi. Dropping to near 10psi after 5,000.

When we had it on the dyno last night, the boost was holding 13psi, and after 3500-4000 it would spike to nearly 15psi and hold till redline. You can definitely feel it holding boost well to redline now. Very good feeling :) :pop:

Anyway, enjoy ,and I'll try to get some printouts up when I can find the time at home

BLACKVNM

Established Member
those are some NICE numbers on a mustang dyno. Could you PM me the price of the port and how long it takes? Thanks!!

MustangThief

Established Member
Congrats!

Thanks

How does it feel?

Like sex.

:lol:

Really though, the car does feel crazy responsive now. Throttle response improved. 2nd gear, if it hooks, pulls so hard that I hit redline so fast it feels like I have 4.10's in the car!

I had the wife in the car, and she always gives me shit, saying the Cobra is pretty slow etc. She started talking and I thought I'd give her a little scare, and all it did was blow the nittos off @ 50MPH.

So of course she had to say, "Oh so now it's so fast it doesn't go anywhere".

LOL! Now THAT made me laugh :beer:

My nittos are pretty worn, so new nittos will be next, followed by FLSFCs and springs.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good Lord! Those numbers are awesome as far as the increase from before the Stage 5 install. This is the first set of numbers I have personally seen with the Stage 5 port. Things are looking good for the Stage 5 at this point. Stiegemeier porting innovations does it again! Congrats! Now go take another drive and try to wipe that huge smile off your face. :)

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
Congrats, thanks for posting #'s on the Stage V, I bet the car feels like a new beast now, have fun and enjoy.:beer:

MustangThief

Established Member
Thanks guys :rockon:

And keep in mind the timing is lower as well.

Pre-port I was 21.5* max on DD tune, 23* max on perf tune

Post-port I'm now 19* max on DD tune with 7/8 cyl -1 degree, 21.5* timing on Perf tune w/ 7/8 cyl -1 degree.

Tuner said we could have added some more timing and kept it how it was pre-port but I already saw great results so I told him no worries. I'll wait until a lower/clutch is needed.

:)

CobraRyan

Banned
sick...i wish i would have known that the 5 was comming out when i got my 4. I bet it pulls nice at all rpms. Those numbers are what a stage IV 2.76/2lb make on a dynojet. Get a 4# to match your 2.8 and get dynoed on a dynojet...

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Excellent pre-post numbers!!! Especially considering you lowered your advance timing on you post tune. And you're leaving lots of power on the table with your timing. Typical advance for street tunes for an Eaton generally range from 22-23 degrees, with performance tunes often hitting 24-25 degrees. That alone could give you another 25 RWHP.

MustangThief

Established Member
Is this just the stage V or the stage V+???

Stg V welded OEM TB/PL

--

I didn't put a lower on the car because I was so anxious to get a real comparison of JUST the port.

But yes as said above, I left a lot of timing on the table! I talked to the tuner, and he knows I like to keep it very conservative. I don't even have a race gas tune, I opted for a bad gas tune on my 3rd slot, just in case...

When I put a 2# or 4# lower on, then i'll be seeing some crazy numbers hopefully :)

I'm still on the fence about which lower. I'll probably end up being a nancy and getting the 2#.

AaronK

Established Member
Stg V welded OEM TB/PL

--

I didn't put a lower on the car because I was so anxious to get a real comparison of JUST the port.

But yes as said above, I left a lot of timing on the table! I talked to the tuner, and he knows I like to keep it very conservative. I don't even have a race gas tune, I opted for a bad gas tune on my 3rd slot, just in case...

When I put a 2# or 4# lower on, then i'll be seeing some crazy numbers hopefully :)

I'm still on the fence about which lower. I'll probably end up being a nancy and getting the 2#.

Yeah, that is an awesome gain in power. I'm planning on sending mine out in a few weeks for them to port. After seeing your results, I'm even more excited! :D

Users who are viewing this thread