My SS wheels are back from the powder coater!

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Just got my SS wheels back today and they turned out beautiful.

20161214_092515_zpsofipipm8.jpg

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Just got my SS wheels back today and they turned out beautiful.

20161214_092515_zpsofipipm8.jpg

^^^^That looks good, are they Gunmetal? I have a set in the bright finish with the original 255/295 MPSS tires on them. The tires, especially the 295's fill out the 11" rear wheel nicely, I would think that a wider tire (at least in a MPSS) would get to be "too wide looking" and be an improper fit for that 11" wheel? but then again, it will all depend upon the specific tire brand choice, not all tires of the same exact size are equal in height and/or width...........

R

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
is that the actual super snake sizes? I was leaning towards NT01 285 fronts and 315 rear, or 285/325 sport cup 2

No way would 285 work on the front. These rims are pushed out really far on the fender opening. A 285 will bulge a little which will put front tires out past the top edge of the fender. I tried 275 MPSS on the front and took them off.

I did 255/295 MPSS and they looked good and fit well. The front had a very short sidewall which I didn't really like due to ride and lack of sidewall height and concern over rim damage. I also had the death wobble on the rears.

Currently, I am experimenting with Invos. I had a set of 275s that I am going to try on the front and 315 on the rear. I don't think the 315s are going to work, but I am going to mount on and test fit. If it doesn't, I am dropping down to a 295 Invo.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
^^^^That looks good, are they Gunmetal? I have a set in the bright finish with the original 255/295 MPSS tires on them. The tires, especially the 295's fill out the 11" rear wheel nicely, I would think that a wider tire (at least in a MPSS) would get to be "too wide looking" and be an improper fit for that 11" wheel? but then again, it will all depend upon the specific tire brand choice, not all tires of the same exact size are equal in height and/or width...........

R

They were originally a gunmetal finish when I got the, but they had some nicks and chips in them so I decided to powder coat them in a satin black to match the stripes on the car.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
They were originally a gunmetal finish when I got the, but they had some nicks and chips in them so I decided to powder coat them in a satin black to match the stripes on the car.

They do look good.

Did your wheels come with short valve stems and the TPMS sensor holders?

Shelby just got the TPMS holders back in stock that go in the rear hole by the inner bead, $28+ ea. They had been on backorder for a while.

R

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
No way would 285 work on the front. These rims are pushed out really far on the fender opening. A 285 will bulge a little which will put front tires out past the top edge of the fender. I tried 275 MPSS on the front and took them off.

I did 255/295 MPSS and they looked good and fit well. The front had a very short sidewall which I didn't really like due to ride and lack of sidewall height and concern over rim damage. I also had the death wobble on the rears.

Currently, I am experimenting with Invos. I had a set of 275s that I am going to try on the front and 315 on the rear. I don't think the 315s are going to work, but I am going to mount on and test fit. If it doesn't, I am dropping down to a 295 Invo.

Are your SS rims tight to the front brakes?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice.
Can't wait to see them on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread