My SCCA T1 04 Cobra

Cheyne

Established Member
These were taking at the SCCA Runoffs at Mid-Ohio last week.

Qualifying%204.jpg

Qualifying%206.jpg

Cheyne

Established Member
Not very good, but I did have fun. We fought overheating all week. The bad thing about the Runoffs is that you only get about 20 minutes of track time each day until race day. So if you have problems it is hard to sort them out. I ended up buying the Steeda radiator and having it overnighted to the track and that still didn't help (but it made things some what better). In the end I found I couldn't bleed all the air out until I drilled 10 1/8 holes in the 180 degree thermostat that I'm using. This bleed off the air and my temps returned to the normal bad of 240F water and 240F oil. This year was a demo to the SCCA that the car needs help against the Z06's and 911GT3's. In another post Steeda and I have come up with what we think will help get the car to the front middle.

For next year the T1 Kit from Steeda should help alot on the temps and we are also putting in a Evans water pump.

For this race I used the Steeda Sport Springs, they are the only approved suspension option for this year and while the car was not great it was a lot better than the stock springs.

Also Hawk came on board and gave me HT14's for the front a Blues for the rear. I had been using PFC 01's and 90's, but the brake pedal never felt right. The Hawk pads were just killer. My front calipers got to 430F and the Hawk rep said my car was the only on the back straight to glow the rotors red.

Cheyne

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
With the exception of winter time, I don't even use a thermostat (I have one inside the housing, but its gutted). The temp that our cars run at, a 160 is no different from a 180......they are both open all the time, and hindering coolant flow. I found not running one at all dropped me from 198-205 down into the 180s.

Users who are viewing this thread