My RS + lots of snow + Hilly Driveway = Snow Tire talk

Intervention302

Established Member
Not the most exciting video in the world, but I still thought I'd share it

Northeast is getting our 3rd Nor'Easter in the last 2 weeks. Sucks!

My Michelin Pilot PA4 snow tires are just about ready to quit. I only got 10-12k out of them.

I actually just put in a treadlife warranty claim with Michelin as they warranty the tire to 30k miles. Only downside, I dont have written rotation records by a dealer. I rotated them personally myself. 3 tires are 3/32 and one at 2/32

The PA4 drive absolutely amazing on a cold/dry road. They honestly dont feel all that far off from my Pilot Super Sport summer tires

2d598cfbd440c35ab3162ca8d67e50e3.jpg
d98355c756b78c595e3d26e108b01d9c.jpg
ea0f6bed75c68f8ba8d6fb5f0336dc16.jpg
315f24610be2217ae75240fd573b06b8.jpg
173073800ebee4c4111a67cdd76903d6.jpg

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The cars do very well in snow with good tires on them. I don't think I've owned a car that I didn't slide around in the snow since I started driving. The RS was straight up alarming at how much speed it would pick up in a drift. It almost made it scary but it's a pretty controllable car.

Also I agree on those tires, they may not be the best winter tires but they don't feel like a winter tire at all in the dry.

Intervention302

Established Member
The cars do very well in snow with good tires on them. I don't think I've owned a car that I didn't slide around in the snow since I started driving. The RS was straight up alarming at how much speed it would pick up in a drift. It almost made it scary but it's a pretty controllable car.

Also I agree on those tires, they may not be the best winter tires but they don't feel like a winter tire at all in the dry.

Absolutely agree...

Although I may not get them again

Intervention302

Established Member
I think I may do Xice3

If Michelin honors my warranty claim, I may actually get something like 300-600 off a set of new Michelins

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

helloWorld

Established Member
I have the Nokian Hakka R2's on my V2 and they are alright during the warmer weather. Nokian recommends over-inflating their snow tires around 3 psi cold to offset the softness of the tire.

I tried a 4th gear pull from 40ish mph yesterday when it was dry and around 50*F and the tires couldn't handle the PD-blown torque lol. Then again, the car is a low 600 whp car.

Edit: I had the XIce3's on my 2013 coyote and those tires were better and more rigid in the warm weather than my current Nokians.

Intervention302

Established Member
I have the Nokian Hakka R2's on my V2 and they are alright during the warmer weather. Nokian recommends over-inflating their snow tires around 3 psi cold to offset the softness of the tire.

I tried a 4th gear pull from 40ish mph yesterday when it was dry and around 50*F and the tires couldn't handle the PD-blown torque lol. Then again, the car is a low 600 whp car.

Edit: I had the XIce3's on my 2013 coyote and those tires were better and more rigid in the warm weather than my current Nokians.
My next set really dictates on what Michelin says about my warranty

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Great pics. I love my RS but not enough to make it a snow plow...lol. Mine has been warm and comfortable in the garage during these storms and my Edge is the plow. You are getting hammered up there with snow.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
While I’m impressed that thing can move on that snow period. I will suggest you get duratrack’s.

And put them on a truck. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UtahSVT

Established Member
I personally have outfitted 3 of my cars now with Blizzaks and I don't think I will use anything else for winter driving!!

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
lol who the hell chooses to live in that. We had 6 inches hit us in one day on the SE coast. We drove up the street to look at my usual fishing spot as its right on the main river that runs to the ocean, and it was one big snow drift. Blew my mind.

The next week, it was 75 degrees and I wore shorts mowing the grass. Thank god because I couldn't handle the 6 inches of snow and ice we had for the week we even had it. It sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread