My Roush Cobra is finally home

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by roushraven
By the way, the vert I got from you (aside from the usual list of warranty concerns) is quite the blast. I just had the Steeda springs and MM SFC's and bushings installed and now it is simply fab.

Arthur
:thumbsup:
You have way too much fun.

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
I picked up my '03 Roush Cobra (their 1st for this MY) from Paul's High Performance where it underwent a few tweeks. Sorry I won't go into the numbers or the tune per agreement with Paul. He has something very, very cool coming out soon and will release the info then.

Answers to the FAQ's

Price: $43,000 excluding Paul's work.

Package includes: Roush/Magnaflow side exit exhaust, Roush aero-body kit minus wing (I have on in the garage waiting to go on), Brembo 4 piston brakes, slotted rotors, SS brake lines, Roush 18x9 front and 18x10 rear wheels with G-Force KD's 265/295, Roush tool kit and badging. PHP complete '03 package of parts and tune.

Thoughts: After driving the car 18 hours straight (with necessary gas and food stops) over 1500 miles I averaged 19 mpg with max A/C at various speeds in various traffic including a major jam in Indianapolis and random construction. This car handles way better than my vert and I suspect the different wheels have a lot to do with that. There were no driveline noises, clunks or chatters. No tick, no stall no paint problems (even most of the usual orange peel is gone). I do have the trunk light but it doesn't work. The cargo net was missing. The lumbar controls don't work either however these seats felt much better than the seats in my vert. This car was built in November 2002 after the re-start and has PCM code YDH0.

Installing soon: MM suspension, new hood and new wing (stock items will be in the market along with the other take-off parts from the PHP install)

Here are some pics.

Enjoy!

CuLaTeR

Established Member
Very nice! I always liked the Roush. Did you change the sc pulley or chip the car? Also, did you change the stock springs out or go with coil overs? What kinda hp you pushing?

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I love that rear bumper/defuser

for those that wanted to go with a side exit exhaust and didn't know what to do about the factory cut-outs in the stock bumper.... now they have a nice option to go with instead of getting a V6 rear bumper.

Looks awesome from the back :beer:

Killer Cobra

Established Member
Sweet! I see there looks like an extra spring on the TB. I'm probably going to install one for the Billetflow. Looks nice! Drop her a little more :)

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I may have to order the bodykit. Those sidepipes rule all! IIRC he had someone else do the performance stuff and is @ 500rwhp but that might be off. The wheels are nice too.

Brad

Banned
Damn, they didnt do anything to the suspension! Get your suspension stuff installed ASAP.

Also a question for you.

why do you have two 03 cobras and a bullitt?

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by roushraven
Why not.

No reason at all, just wondering if there was some funny circumstances. If I had the money I would be sporting the same garage minus the bullitt and prowler +1 viper :thumbsup:

Thats one awesome collection you have going, congrats:D

Interesting how they put a 2001 rear bumper cover on it, and stuck the rest of the kit rather than making something for the 03 bumper. Looks awesome, bet the side exit sounds mean.

Last edited:

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
looks great! looks like the back needs a little dropping, other then that great job!!!!! good luck with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread