My roush build, need your opinion

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Hi guys,

So I decided that I should spin that blower some more. So here's what I have in mind.

I'm thinking about getting the Boss 302 crankshaft and rotating assembly. I chose the Boss stuff since it doesn't need to be balanced and would be easier to do here (overseas).

How hard is it to swap the internals ? What would the shop need to have in order to accomplish that ?

I'm thinking of going with the 69mm pulley, ID1000 injectors and BAP. Would that fuel setup be enough for the TVS ?

Could the Boss stuff handle the boost out of the 69mm pulley, I don't know if I'm gonna go for more honestly, as that setup has taken cars into the 9's, right ? With my vert A6 I'd be happy with low 10's.

Let me know what you think guys, I wanna build this engine but I just don't know if the speedshops we have here will be able to handle the build. So your input on this is much appreciated. :beer:

Q

alex12gt

Established Member
dont know if you can get away with the 69mm with 11:1 on pump gas......and for a little over 2k mmr can build your block

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
That sounds like a solid plan, being overseas and not wanting to ship an engine and all that.. run a hone through, check the ring end gaps, put some TSS oil pump gears in and hang an ATI damper on the front.

Don't believe I've heard of any Boss failures on boost yet.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
dont know if you can get away with the 69mm with 11:1 on pump gas......and for a little over 2k mmr can build your block

69mm is the "kill" pulley with enough fuel pump, injector he should be fine. :rockon:

Sounds pretty solid to me man.

stang910

Established Member
I don't know what kinda power your looking to make with the 69mm pulley, but I'm over 700 with Boss internals. Over 500 ft-lb of torque at 7500rpm and it's holding up great. Installing the parts is pretty easy since Ford already assembled the rods and pistons and installed the rings with the correct gaps.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Then I'll have to proceed :) Will let you know if any problem arises obviously.

I'll definitely get the oil pump gears. But regarding the ATI damper, which one and why should I need one ?

Would the injectors and BAP be enough to max the TVS ? I live at sea level.

Thanks for the info as always guys,

Q

alex12gt

Established Member

I'll definitely get the oil pump gears. But regarding the ATI damper, which one and why should I need one ?

Q

Bap is good for 700hp safely but there been some people push them to 800hp also remember with the 69mm pulley you will prolly need to run a 90 or 100mm idler to help avoid belt slip

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Bap is good for 700hp safely but there been some people push them to 800hp also remember with the 69mm pulley you will prolly need to run a 90 or 100mm idler to help avoid belt slip

That's good to know, which idler should I get and from where ?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member

Q

That fast spinning blower is driven off the damper.. just a little bit of rubber is all that holds it together. The damper also does an extremely important job of managing engine harmonics. No high-HP build should go without a good crank damper IMO

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Do you guys have 100 octane pump gas in Quatar?

I'm afraid not, we only have 97 octane (93 in US octane rating). We have VP Racing fuels at my local drag strip, but I can't run that all the time.

Is 93 not enough ?

That fast spinning blower is driven off the damper.. just a little bit of rubber is all that holds it together. The damper also does an extremely important job of managing engine harmonics. No high-HP build should go without a good crank damper IMO

Good info, I'm still learning about all that. I'll definitely get one then. Thanks slagburn :beer:

1930ford

Established Member

X2, ATI Also has some oversize lower dampners, you could run a larger lower with a larger upper and still get the desired boost with more belt contact that a larger upper has.

alex12gt

Established Member
X2, ATI Also has some oversize lower dampners, you could run a larger lower with a larger upper and still get the desired boost with more belt contact that a larger upper has.

no one makes a od pulley for the tvs setup ati makes a 10 rib but not an a 6.....

you can pick up the an idler from lethal they will be in the gt500 section

stang910

Established Member
If the 69mm pulley produces 15psi then I doubt 93 octane will be enough.

stang910

Established Member
Don't know that I've seen anyone run more then 12psi on 93 octane with a PD blower and 11:1 compression.

alex12gt

Established Member
Why? What's the safest boost limit for 93 octane?

why dont you call justin from vmp and find out hes done all the testing and just actually built a pretty wicked boss.....id like to know the answer too since im going to push more boost with my 2.3 once i drop the aluminator in

Users who are viewing this thread