My quest to break into the 11's....

Zoom

Established Member
Alrighty guys i went to the drag strip at the end of April and I'm just now getting around to putting the video up here. I put on a set of kooks headers and catted x pipe over the winter and this was the first time testing it out. So this is a video of the better runs/kills I made at the strip that day. I was hoping I could get some pointers to a better 60'. It has the stock suspension, 315 nitto's and a minimal "burnout". The best 60' I got that day was 1.97 (not that great I know) but it was 45 degrees out so I couln't hook up very well. BUT ALL COMMENTS/TIPS ARE ENCOURAGED.

Best time was 12.01@122

The last video is just so you can hear the new exhaust on the car

-Enjoy :beer:

[youtube_browser]AOFWP7qwqG8[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]pdbkYZ8eSw4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Cobra03Mach1

Established Member
Awesome sounding car. I think with some more seat time, 11's shouldn't be an issue. But I would probably go with a stickier compound tire. I've always had luck with Mickey Thompson drag radials. Maybe try power shifting the car.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Car sounds good as hell and nice trap speed. Get a bias ply tire and run some low 11's.:rockon: Try to shift just a little faster too. :beer:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The car sounds great.

It sounded as if you were short shifting the car 1-2, 2-3, so what were your shift points? Are the 315's DR's, or street radials? IMO, I would get a little more heat in them.

Were you going around the waterbox?

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Just practice, practice, practice. It's definitely a low 11 second car with that MPH, like the above poster said, some ripple walls will help a ton. The car sounds amazing.

NateV8

Established Member
Better launch and shifting you could probably run around an 11.4. You should at least be 60'n 1.80 maybe a little better with those tires.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Nice car bro, isn't it crazy that new technology just makes up for less power.

Ive seen people who can't drive run low 11's with a CAI, AB muffler & 125 shot '11 5.0.

You have a fast car but drag racing is not an easy task

Mach828

Established Member
Not to be mean, but having an 11 second goal for a Cobra is kind of weak. That is a good goal for an NA mustang.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not to be mean, but having an 11 second goal for a Cobra is kind of weak. That is a good goal for an NA mustang.

All Cobras except for the 2003-2004 are NA.

Zoom, with more track practice you'll just get better. Awesome sounding Terminator you have there. Keep us posted as you get nearer to 10s. :rockon:

Zoom

Established Member
thanks for all the feedback so far! i know practice is a lot of it, the tires are DR's. I can't shift any faster yet, i have to install the aftermarket clutch cable/quadrent/firewall adjuster. im shifting the car @ 6k because shifting at 6.5k makes the gear change too difficult. and no i was not going around the waterbox lol

Users who are viewing this thread