My poor cobra.... Regret selling it. New owner is having probs with it..

03Redfire Cobra

Toss my salad?
Established Member
4 months ago I brought it to the dealer cause a fuel sensor went bad. they said we will warantee it as long as it has the stock tune on it.

NP!

I put the stock tune on it, not knowing that the predator will not save the coustom tune.

When the car was done, I didnt have a tune and Amazon moved so I had noone to reload the tune. I was gonna bring it to HBH, but money was short cause I bought a rental property.

To make a long story short, I sold the car to a guy in WV. I told him it needed a tune and it should not be driven. He said he would get it taken care of. He trailered to to is home and brought it somewhere to get it tuned on a dyno. On the way home from getting it tuned he said the engine started making wierd noises.. :eek:

He called and asked for the stock parts, so I mailed them out to him yesterday. I hope she isnt hurting to bad.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear you had to sell it, and sorrier still to hear that the buyer is having an issue. Not a very happy story for sure. So he accepts full responsibility for the current state of the motor?

03Redfire Cobra

Toss my salad?
Established Member
yea, It was fine before and I was upfront about it needing a tune. He didnt say anything as to it was my fault, as it wasn't anyways...

He wants to put on the stock parts and try to warantee it. I dunno how well that will work?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
The predator should have two tunes on it...one custom and then your stock tune...kind of surprised your custom tune didnt stay on there.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
The predator should have two tunes on it...one custom and then your stock tune...kind of surprised your custom tune didnt stay on there.

When you have a custom tune loaded in the Predator you do in fact have 2 tunes, stock and custom, but once you return the car back to the stock tune the Predator becomes "unmarried" and no longer has the custom tune stored. Custom tunes should be kept in a email account for this reason.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
When you have a custom tune loaded in the Predator you do in fact have 2 tunes, stock and custom, but once you return the car back to the stock tune the Predator becomes "unmarried" and no longer has the custom tune stored. Custom tunes should be kept in a email account for this reason.
ditto!

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:

That sucks, I was told by someone that if you put the stock tune back on, the custom tune still stays there. When I took my car in for warranty, I put the stock tune on. When I got it back I tried to put the custom tune back on and it wasn't there. Needless to say I was really pissed. Everything is good now that I have my custom tune back in.

Hey could someone tell me if it is possible to pull a custom tune off the predator onto a computer? I want to know if for some reason I have to put the stock tune back on.

Thanks,
Blake

Bluedot_26

This Space For Rent
Established Member
Yes ... you can make backup copies of both stock and custom tune with the same application that lets you upload a custom tune onto the predator.

It's very easy (if you figured out how to upload a custom tune)

nuke6

Established Member
Cost for the custom tunes

I'm purchasing a Predator and was wondering what these custom tunes cost. Anybody?

03Redfire Cobra

Toss my salad?
Established Member
got word from the buyer. He threw a piston and scared the cylinder walls???? 2 days after he bougth it, damn! Dealer is gonna warantee it under the extended warantee.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
03Redfire Cobra said:
got word from the buyer. He threw a piston and scared the cylinder walls???? 2 days after he bougth it, damn! Dealer is gonna warantee it under the extended warantee.

Dam he got lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread