My Plugs Are Destroyed!!! Help!!

04cobrafordboiz

High speed Low drag
Established Member
I check'd the spark plugs and 3 of them where "burned down".
The upper part, I don't know if its called electrode, was almost gone.

What can cause this? i changed all of them but know my engine still makes a knocking sound,..???? if i rev the engine the knocking revs also??? what the hell happened to my car?? I dont really push it to hard just drive it on the streets.:nonono:

2.8 pulley;cai;borla cat-back;idler pulley;diablosport tune

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
get ready for a rebuild....

gonna be an expensive lesson on why you should know WTF you're doing before playing hotrodder

Last edited:

04cobrafordboiz

High speed Low drag
Established Member
thanx guys,....and for the last smart ass ur right i shouldnt hot rod this car its not like it was designed for that at all,.............i thought svtp was here to help each other out not talk shit :bs:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
thanx guys,....and for the last smart ass ur right i shouldnt hot rod this car its not like it was designed for that at all,.............i thought svtp was here to help each other out not talk shit :bs:

The hotrod can usually take it if the hotrodder knows what they're doing

you didn't even give a decent rundown to help troubleshoot

plugs? gap? tune?

you're absolutely right, I am smart and an ass

in both cases, I just can't help it :D

Last edited:

Pred_mech

Established Member
Looks like a predator can tune. Is this correct? no custom tuning? If that is the case then that was your problem. When I had a 2.8 pulley the predator can tune detonated pretty bad. I did one pull and could hear it. I had to reduce timing and add fuel until I got a custom tune. I also checked it with a wideband. At these horsepower levels I would say it is almost mandatory to have a wideband so you can monitor the engine. I am sorry to hear about the knocking but you may have a bad piston now. With the engine running unplug one injector at a time. If the noise persists plug it back in. Do this until you find which one stops the noise. That will be your problem piston.

-Daniel

Jroc

Established Member
Did you have a mail order tune or a custom tune? You cannot run around in a boosted car with your mods and without a good tune and expect it to last for very long. :nonono:

You were asking about this not to long ago, and I think your previous problem may have caught up with you. Did you just resently get this tune? :??:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475399

That sucks. I hope it works out for you.

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Spark plugs are the first sign of motor damage, Sorry to hear that, hopefully you got some spare cash lying around.

04cobrafordboiz

High speed Low drag
Established Member
thanx alot, learned alot of good info hopefully i have this taken care or real soon till then its gonna b parked.thanx again guys:read:

Chas

Established Member
get ready for a rebuild....

gonna be an expensive lesson on why you should know WTF you're doing before playing hotrodder

Nothing makes you feel quite as good as playing internet bully and kicking a guy while hes down. :kaboom:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Nothing makes you feel quite as good as playing internet bully and kicking a guy while hes down. :kaboom:

blah....

6 years worth of info here on how to safely build this car

probably hundreds of posts that say not to run a canned tune, make sure your plugs are cold enough, etc etc

VincodeY

Established Member
^yeah. While I don't like to kick people when they are down, his motor problem is one of ignorance. Just research your car before you mod it. I did for like a year before I even joined and started posting and I still havn't pullied it.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
blah....

6 years worth of info here on how to safely build this car

probably hundreds of posts that say not to run a canned tune, make sure your plugs are cold enough, etc etc

You really thought someone would do proper research before blindly jumping into buying parts? Annnnnnd you want them to take responsibility for their actions? :dw::lol1::lol1:

Chas

Established Member
I check'd the spark plugs and 3 of them where "burned down".
The upper part, I don't know if its called electrode, was almost gone.

What can cause this? i changed all of them but know my engine still makes a knocking sound,..???? if i rev the engine the knocking revs also??? what the hell happened to my car?? I dont really push it to hard just drive it on the streets.:nonono:

2.8 pulley;cai;borla cat-back;idler pulley;diablosport tune

Sounds like you may have hurt a piston. You should find a good mechanic and explain what happened. He should preform a leak down test and a compression check on each cylinder to isolate the problem. Canned tunes can be pretty far off or you may have some bad gas, have a fuel pressure issue, the list just keeps on going. I'm no expert so maybe someone with more experience on the matter that is willing to offer something constructive will chime in. Sorry about your bad luck.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have spent a lot of time preaching against the use of a canned tune for anything other than getting you to the dyno without getting into boost. Some are spot on, however many are leagues off of being optimal.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread