My pathetic #'s

baer42

Established Member
dyno.gif

Sorry so big. I think I need a tune

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Eric a tune would do wonders for your truck. I may be able to hook you up like I said, but a dyno tune would benefit you much more.

baer42

Established Member
The lowest it got was 13.8:1. I knew as some point a tune was coming but I never would have thought that I was making less then stock hp. Pretty sad that a guy before me with a 99' with only a filter and full Bassani exhaust put down 353. Not sure of his torque.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
what are your real numbers since i cant read the dyno? but an a/f ratio that high isnt gonna be good.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
yeah, thats no friggen good bro.. your gonna want to bring that to a good dyno tuning shop.. your in ct. so a trip over to jdm probably wouldnt be too far for ya. id give them a call.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
Where in CT are you located? J&M in Manchester tuned my truck for me and I'm happy, or you could make the trek to JDM if you want to. Either way a good dyno tune should be able to help you out.

baer42

Established Member
I am going to get a tune sometime. I just don't get it. I got stuff that I shouldn't need a tune for. The upper is only like 1.5 - 2 lbs. extra boost and cold air and c&l intake tube. I guess the truck must have been lean to start. And now I can't afford anything else. Tune included. I will just try and take it easy for a little while. I was hoping for 375/450. Will a tune really give me 60hp and 70tq? Or do I just have a p.o.s?

bmfgsxr

Established Member
not sure about overall numbers, but a tune will certainly help. also keep in mind that all dynos read different, and you could be on a low reading dyno. did you do a baseline run while it was stock? that would really tell you where you are at. i bet you a good tune could probably get you a good 40-50hp though. but that is just a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread