My own big brakes

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I got ahold of a set of 6-piston Alcon calipers and figured they would work well on the truck. So I borrowed a Brembo BBK and measured their caliper mounting bracket. Then I took a drawing of their caliper and the Alcon caliper to make the changes necessary to match the Alcon mounting pattern to the Brembo package. I made my own custom caliper bracket out of aluminum, cut down a set of used stock rotors I had lying around to make some hubs and bought a set of rotors from Brembo. I had the caliper brackets black anodized and the hubs powder coated black. It turned out pretty nice and works fantastic. Anyways, a couple of pictures to show off.

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Looks great, how do they work?

So far so good. Since they actually have less piston area the pedal is slightly more firm. Also with the larger rotors, it takes less effort to get the same amount of stopping power.

They are serious overkill for the street but I am hoping to get them to the road course sometime this summer and see how much better they are than the stock brakes. It will be nice to have a caliper I can actually get race pads for as well.

When I took the stock caliper off, one of the pistons on the right caliper was disintegrated from all the track abuse:uh oh: I'm sure these are more up to the challenge since I was told this caliper has been used on Indy cars.

Morgan

Established Member
and you retained the template for the caliper mounting bracket???

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
and you retained the template for the caliper mounting bracket???

Well I don't have a template so to speak but I drew a 3D model of it and made everything myself from my drawings on my CNC;-)

Last edited:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
That's purely BADASS!! They fit under stock wheels I take it? Makes me miss my BBK.

Thanks! The chrome 99-00 wheels I use on the street lightly rubbed the finish off on spot on the caliper. I assume that my stock wheels that I use on the race track will have plenty of clearance since they don't seem to crowd the caliper quite as much.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
TCE's kits required 1/4" spacers with 99-00 wheels and maybe even up to '02 but didn't need any with 03-04's.

Put up some pics with the wheels on!

Users who are viewing this thread