My old car insurance company was raping me...

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
i am rectally abused on a daily basis by my insurance company.

I hear that. I'm 22 and pay almost $1200 per 6 months on a '98 Cherokee and an '03 GT with super high deductibles. My driving record isn't too bad either, just a few tickets over the course of 6 years, and only one was within the last 3 years. I've shopped around a bit online but nothing I could find was cheaper. I have esurance so I'm not even sure what would happen if I actually got into an accident or needed them.

I looked up what it would cost to insure a motorcycle and it was at least $1100-1200 per 6 months for a 600 that was a few years old. Pretty rediculous.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I hear that. I'm 22 and pay almost $1200 per 6 months on a '98 Cherokee and an '03 GT with super high deductibles. My driving record isn't too bad either, just a few tickets over the course of 6 years, and only one was within the last 3 years. I've shopped around a bit online but nothing I could find was cheaper. I have esurance so I'm not even sure what would happen if I actually got into an accident or needed them.

I looked up what it would cost to insure a motorcycle and it was at least $1100-1200 per 6 months for a 600 that was a few years old. Pretty rediculous.

That is not horrendous... avg $600/mo per vehicle and you have a few tickets. Not saying its cheap, but it is about what you should expect. I pay $550/mo on my 98 cobra and I dont have a single ticket.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
I'm 20, 1 wreck that was my fault(BS but thats life) no moving violations, for my cobra full coverage 500 deduct. I was paying 230 with State farm, got quotes from progressive, allstate, & gieco all wanted over 270/month with 1k deduct.

USAA gave me 148 a month with 500 deducts.

Dominator

The Shogun of Harlem
Established Member
For the last 5 years I've been constantly shopping around for the best rate. And I've switched companies probably like 4 times. I was getting a very good rate at Travelers Insurance. But their bad customer service made me look elsewhere. I ended up going with Esurance. Their customer service was very helpful and friendly. I had full coverage on my '03 Cobra vert and it only cost me about $300 every six months. I'm married, 30 years old, and I have a history of getting tickets.....just none in the last 5 years which I think helped. I also have my homeowners insurance through them as well. I also have a Bonneville and Neon that is insured and I'm paying $227 for both cars every six months.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
been w/ statefarm for 13yrs, every year my bills get lower and lower. i just went from an 03 coupe to a vert, and thought it would go up some being a convertible, but it actually went down $60 bucks a month!

same here, my insurance just keeps going down (im not quite 25 yet but cant wait till i am!). I checked a few months ago on what the insurance would be on me for an 01 lightning vs my GT and it was $20 cheaper, how i have no clue, but it shocked me.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Just for an update, for the hell of it I called State Farm (they insure my bike), and geico(they insure my cobra)... to see how much it would be to switch my cobra over to SF.... I pay $529/6mo at geico and SF wanted $750/6mo... for the hell of it I also asked both SF and geico what a 03-04 cobra would be.... 650/6mo at geico and 1050/6mo at SF.

BTW, geico wanted $3500/year for my zx6r.... SF did it for $420/year both are full coverage.

ALWAYS SHOP AROUND

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Although for 'normal' cars GEICO seems good. that's who we have all our stuff through. However, when I called to insure my 3.0L Contour SVT they asked me if it was modified. Of course I said yes. Told them what was done to it and they wouldn't insure it because it was 'too highly modified.' I told them the car only made 220fwhp. They didn't care. So, if your looking to modify and keep it insured in the event something elsewhere I would make sure your coverage with them is what you want.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
Just for an update, for the hell of it I called State Farm (they insure my bike), and geico(they insure my cobra)... to see how much it would be to switch my cobra over to SF.... I pay $529/6mo at geico and SF wanted $750/6mo... for the hell of it I also asked both SF and geico what a 03-04 cobra would be.... 650/6mo at geico and 1050/6mo at SF.

BTW, geico wanted $3500/year for my zx6r.... SF did it for $420/year both are full coverage.

ALWAYS SHOP AROUND

how old are you, because that's a great rate for full coverage on a bike from what i've heard. btw, geico's quote is what i'm most used to hearing people say.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
how old are you, because that's a great rate for full coverage on a bike from what i've heard. btw, geico's quote is what i'm most used to hearing people say.

Im 26. I have had a bike license for 8 years now and that does count. It is a awesome rate! Geico quoted me $3,500 a year.... it was basically, "yea will insure your, for one million dollars"... they just didnt want to do it.

also SF uses CCs first.... mine is technically 599cc ;-)

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Yea, I am 26 paying only $400 bucks a year for full coverage on my zx6r thru state farm.... I am paying $1100 a year for my cobra thru geico... I will be getting a quote from state farm for my cobra soon.

1100a year on the cobra? What coverage????????????? Mine worked out to $1700 a year.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
1100a year on the cobra? What coverage????????????? Mine worked out to $1700 a year.

Relax brotha man.... that is for my 97. I was quoted 1300 for a 03 both were full coverage of course

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread