My New Truck

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Just got it home tonight.

2004 1/2 HO commins 600 series, 6" superlift with 2" spacers. 37" cooper tires, 4.88 gears with posi, built transmission and converter(good for 600HP and 1500Ft LBS). Banks six gun with the speed loader and after market intake and exhaust. Full gauges, AMP running boards, full stereo.

The speedometer is calibrated for the gearing and rims. Among other smaller things done to the truck. It has 45,000 miles on it.

The motor has 600 lb.-ft. of torque at 1,600 rpm and 325 horsepower at 2,900 rpm stock. The banks six gun w/speed loader, depending on the level adds a lot. Level 6 can add another 155 Horsepower and an additional +385 lb-ft. At least that is what the website says. I will run it on #2 daily and #3 when towing. I might have to give it a dyno run on #6 though....LOL...

3834996207.237115124.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Pictures I just took.

normal_new_truck_001.jpg

normal_new_truck_002.jpg

normal_new_truck_003.jpg

This truck is a blast to drive. TONS of POWER!!!!!!!

VPF

Last edited:

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Yeah looks just like Pimprohr's old Dodge. Almost exactly like it.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
sick truck. drove my first diesel p/u today and it was bad ass. it was an 05 f350 with a hypertech chip.

This is the first diesel I ever drove(i'm 38). My daughter and I took it out for a cruise tonight...LOL... I was surprised at how much power it had when I jumped on it at 40 MPH. The sound and feel of a diesel, I will never own a gas powered truck again.

VPF

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Good choice on the truck, now ditch the wheels and fox sticker. You might wanna buy a dual steering stabilizer too because those dodges have some rollover caster issues, I usually sell the superlift dual kit with bilstein shocks
SL_dualstab.jpg

Careful or the truck will turn into a money pit, you'll be well over 1000wtq with a good tune and some other boltons :beer:

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Good choice on the truck, now ditch the wheels and fox sticker. You might wanna buy a dual steering stabilizer too because those dodges have some rollover caster issues, I usually sell the superlift dual kit with bilstein shocks

Careful or the truck will turn into a money pit, you'll be well over 1000wtq with a good tune and some other boltons :beer:

The FOX sticker is going today...LOL.... The truck has bilstein 5100 series shocks already. The stabilizer kit you like the superlift the best?

I Love How The Cobra Looks In The Garage, Love The Color! Oh Yeah, Nice Truck Too

Yes they only sell Yellow COBRAS to the important people:rockon:.

VPF

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
That's a sick truck.

I was going to look at an 2004 Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel this afternoon, but it had 60,000 miles for $27,000. I was worried about the mileage and the price seemed high.

Your truck is sick!

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
be careful with that banks....a friend of mine has a red cummins and he reprogrammed and he keeps blowing up the tranny.

Thanks I heard the transmission was the weak link so I asked about it.

I was told this transmission is rated for 600HP and 1500 ft lbs. It has a a towing converter with triple Kevlar plates or something, and it is upgraded with a bushing or the stock bushing was taken out and replaced with an upgrade.

Sorry that must have hurt reading it....LOL....

I really don't remember but the guy said the transmission started to slip and they rebuilt he rebuilt everything. As he said it is bullet proof. He towed an 11,000 lb toy hauler and said he got 18 MPG. With the 488's at 85 MPH it is turning 2500 rpm.

VPF

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Thanks I heard the transmission was the weak link so I asked about it.

I was told this transmission is rated for 600HP and 1500 ft lbs. It has a a towing converter with triple Kevlar plates or something, and it is upgraded with a bushing or the stock bushing was taken out and replaced with an upgrade.

Sorry that must have hurt reading it....LOL....

I really don't remember but the guy said the transmission started to slip and they rebuilt he rebuilt everything. As he said it is bullet proof. He towed an 11,000 lb toy hauler and said he got 18 MPG. With the 488's at 85 MPH it is turning 2500 rpm.

VPF

Yea...he had the stock tranny and it would start to slip so bad that he couldnt take off from red lights. so now he fixed the tranny and he has a 900+ TQ truck that he drives all slow because he is too cheap to built the tranny.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I am SOOOOOO pissed off right now. I went to the DMV to get temporary plates on the Truck until the title gets here(17-24 days). In Nevada it is called a Movement Permit. I have every bit of information on the truck except the title. I have the insurance card, bill of sale, the previous owners registration, etc, etc etc.

Well the great state of Nevada will not give you a Movement Permit unless you have the title in hand!!!!!! WTF. If I had the god damn title I would register it. The previous owner does not wnat to keep the plates on the truck because they are in his name(as I can understand that).

Because I don't feel like getting pulled over 3 times a day for no plates, I can't drive my truck for another 2-3 weeks because of some bureaucratic bullshit. Yet I have to pay insurance on it along with make payments.

Now I am waiting for the HOA to fine me for not having a registered vehicle in my yard.

VPF

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice truck. Question. I don't see any step rail. How tough is it for the driver and passenger to get into the cabin?

Users who are viewing this thread