My New Shelby, and my Black Friday purchases (Build)

Vi_king500

Established Member
So recently I just picked up a (new to me) 2012 GT500 - Completely Stock

w7bh29.jpg

123a815.jpg

With all the sales going on I thought it was good to make some purchases, I am stock piling on all my upgrades through the winter, and then getting everything done at once come spring.

My plan for this is to keep this car for a very very long time since I own it and do not owe anything on it :) , and build from the ground up. (some of the deals I had to sway away from this theory lol)

So as of my purchases yesterday I went with:

Stainless Works LT 1 7/8 Headers
Stainless Works High Flo Cats

JLT Oil Separator (Both sides)

BMR Tubular K-Member W/Mounts
BMR Lower Control Arms w/poly bushings
BMR Adj Panhard Bar W/Rod ends
BMR Lower control arm relocation Brackets
BMR Handling Springs (1.5) Drop
BMR Upper control arm mount
BMR Adj Upper control arm w/poly bushing
BMR Chassis Brace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that was my purchase list as of yesterday, over the winter I will be adding sway bar kit, a-arms, and shocks/struts.

I will also upgrade clutch, 1Pc Driveshaft, and Short throw.

Going to do a catback exhaust to complement the headers and x pipe.

Tuning will be done through Lund or AED. I will be doing Cams, Blower swap down the road, would love a KenneBell.

Will also be doing fuel upgrades along with brakes (rotors/pads) and coolant upgrades.

and for the time being of course pulley, upgraded intake, tune.

Once parts arrive I will upload photos and when I order new parts I will also update! This car is badass! and by far my favorite! I've owned 12' boss 302 and also a 03 terminator cobra. Also the normal, 5.0. This is my ninth mustang and I love it! Thanks for viewing :)

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Now that's a good Black Friday. I got some weld RT's for the front to match my rears, Blue Gates belts because mine have rust on them from the stock pulleys and I'm getting the BPS pulleys to prevent rust.

BroncoHorvath

Established Member
Congrat, I'm in your same situation, I've got the same year car but with the SVTPP and mine is Perf. White with the red skinny's....I'll be taking advantage of the BF deals also, just got to ecide what way to go.

BJ and I had a great conversation today, what a great guy:rockon:

R@ceRedGT500

Established Member
Pretty much doing the same here over the winter with my 2012. I already have a VMP 2.5" pulley, VMP TB, tune and JLT CAI.

Just ordered:

- VMP triple pass, 170 degree thermostat and 3x reservoir
- Koni Street shocks and struts
- BMR Handling Springs (1.5" drop)
- BMR LCA relocation brackets
- BMR rear sway bar

Near Christmas, I am ordering Velgen VMB5 20x9 & 20.10.5, with Nitto Invo's.

Add a divorce in early 2016. :)

IMAG0261.jpg

1st usa car

Established Member
headers cams and blower swap down the road ---high flo cats are going to be on life support with that plan --seems that around 700whp you cant run cats without some problems -- I don't know from any experience but I thought I read about it -- worth investigating

Vi_king500

Established Member
Hmm interesting, I will look into that or if anyone knows anything about that and wants to chime in, appreciate all the kind words guys, and some of you have some awesome plans for the winter just like me! Let the fun or spending begin! lol

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
headers cams and blower swap down the road ---high flo cats are going to be on life support with that plan --seems that around 700whp you cant run cats without some problems -- I don't know from any experience but I thought I read about it -- worth investigating
Blower swap & headers on both cars, Kooks " green " cats also, no issues to date.

Vi_king500

Established Member
Got my full SW Exhaust, From my list above, I did also get the Catback by them too to complete the whole package!

23k2hzd.jpg

2b5h5u.jpg

jk8zva.jpg

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Got my full SW Exhaust, From my list above, I did also get the Catback by them too to complete the whole package!

23k2hzd.jpg

2b5h5u.jpg

jk8zva.jpg

Congratulations on your new 2012 Shelby.

Great color choice!;-)

Your pictures show duel exhaust tips, where you planning on a total 2013-14 rear bracket, bumper, valance and taillight conversion?

Vi_king500

Established Member
Yes, huge fan of the 13/14 rear ends on the GT500, I got such a steal price on the catback through AM on Cyber Monday's extended sale that it forced my hand! I will work over winter getting the bumper, valance, lights I need :)

Speedboosted

Established Member
Yes, huge fan of the 13/14 rear ends on the GT500, I got such a steal price on the catback through AM on Cyber Monday's extended sale that it forced my hand! I will work over winter getting the bumper, valance, lights I need :)

Congrats on all the purchases! In the meantime if you don't want to buy a whole new rear at the moment, you can cut your current valance to fit the quads. It seems like a lot of people close their eyes and hack away when they cut apart the 10-12 valances, but I've seen a few done where someone took their time and made it look really nice.

Vi_king500

Established Member
That is true, but the ones I have seen just look awful and the quads just don't seem to work or flow with the 10-12 rear ends. but I will look into the ones that took there time and did it right for the meantime, I have all winter :)

Vi_king500

Established Member
Suspension Arrived and damn is it beautiful !

1jce1.jpg

Still have shocks/struts, a-arms, and front/rear sway bars on order. :)

Users who are viewing this thread