My new DD has more displacement than my Mustang.

sleepysvt98

Established Member
Sold my Xterra as I never really used it for it's full capabilities. So I wanted something more fun to drive, and that's also more fuel efficient. Here's my 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP with the 5.3, LS4, V8. Great service history, female driven, and in great shape. I already had 4 new tires installed, exhaust work, and a full detail. Here's a couple of pics from today...

9A897A61-B248-47AD-A13C-7462DEF3BF64_zpskeuwaiat.jpg

3F73D464-8E0C-4AF6-A40E-8EC676992EE4_zps72eub0rc.jpg

jleews6

Established Member
That will make a nice daily driver. They run pretty good to for what they are and most mods that fit ls motors will work on them.Good luck with it.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I always liked how those looked over the impala SS, the only thing that bothers me is the GM-esque interior.

Hows the torque steer?

sleepysvt98

Established Member
That will make a nice daily driver. They run pretty good to for what they are and most mods that fit ls motors will work on them.Good luck with it.

It's fun to drive, and I love the way it sounds. Hope she holds up well.

I always liked how those looked over the impala SS, the only thing that bothers me is the GM-esque interior.

Hows the torque steer?

Torque steer isn't all that bad. Apparently GM did some work on the diff and sensors. It's nothing like my old SHO with bad tie rods. HAHA!

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Sick GTO... I mean GXP. I like those cars, girl in my town has one the same color with exhaust and it sounds damn good.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Did you stick with the OEM tire setup? I always found it interesting that GM went with wider tires up front than in the back to quell the torque steer and traction issues.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I did NOT know that model came with a V8. Figured it was still a supercharged V6. Nice DD!

ferfont1

Established Member
Nice car and last time i looked pretty surprisingly affordable for what you get, found a few around here for $7k! Thats a smokin deal for an ls powered car less than 10 yrs old.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Nice car and last time i looked pretty surprisingly affordable for what you get, found a few around here for $7k! Thats a smokin deal for an ls powered car less than 10 yrs old.

Resale value on most GM sedans drop Like a Rock.

Care to post a few engine pics?

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Did you stick with the OEM tire setup? I always found it interesting that GM went with wider tires up front than in the back to quell the torque steer and traction issues.

I did not know that. And they are pretty different in size. 255s front and 225 is rear it looks from a car and driver article I just read.

jfsram

Established Member
Buying a full size V8 powered sedan to save fuel. Good thing you posted that here amongst other car enthusiasts. WE FULLY UNDERSTAND.

Users who are viewing this thread