My New Car Audio System!!!

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
so what kind of db will this hit? My guess would be 140ish + haha

YOu'll need a 6lb lower just for your alternator to keep up

oldmodman

Established Member
JL Audio makes great equipment. I have a JL sub and 500/5 in my Explorer.
But my amp is mounted out in the open so it cools fine. Do you have fans mounted under your amps to circulate air around the heat sinks?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
nice but i bet all the weight knocks about 1/2 a second on your 1/4 mile time...

Yeah....but it's all over the rear wheels where you want it. :thumbsup:

Tmac, that is an awesome system you put together. I'm sure it wasn't cheap but you have a setup that does so much. Nice that the GPS navigation is built in. Best of luck with it. The shop did a great job on the install! :beer:

PipeHitter

Established Member
nice install! post some pics of the back of the box behind the rear seat. I'd like to see how the box lays out.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
eh, looks eh. The faceboard part that goes around the subs (the black piece), the cutouts arent even round. Plus the accent color (grey) should have matched the color of the car. the crease in the floorboard piece is pretty noticeable too.

Tmac01baller

Established Member
Thats some quality Work, I like the Alcantara too, I would love to do something like this also but just with one w7 lol!

what alternator you running?

I had the factory amp rebuilt to put out 200amps. If you go to your local alternator and starter shop they can probably hook you up. Just tell them you're trying to support an audio system.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
eh, looks eh. The faceboard part that goes around the subs (the black piece), the cutouts arent even round. Plus the accent color (grey) should have matched the color of the car. the crease in the floorboard piece is pretty noticeable too.

+1. I could live with the gray being a lighter shade but those crappy face board cuts would bug the piss out of me. Looks like a 5 yr old with a jigsaw did it

Tmac01baller

Established Member
are the speakers in a box or are they just mounted in that plate?

Yep they are mounted in a box and there is a plate placed on top of it.

+1. I could live with the gray being a lighter shade but those crappy face board cuts would bug the piss out of me. Looks like a 5 yr old with a jigsaw did it

Actually that's my crappy camera making it look like such a light grey. In person you can see how it matches perfectly with the suede inserts in my seats. They actually matched the material to my car by bringing out samples to compare. I should probably put up another to show that the cutout actually is round now. When I took the pic the glue was still drying:shrug:

D-Rock

I got my swim trunks...
Established Member
Some of us buy a car to drive and enjoy, not race. this crap comes up in almost every stereo thread

+10000...tunes + top down = joy joy joy:rockon::rockon::rockon:...sweet setup, BTW

To the OP, do yourself a favor, if you haven't already. Call your insurance and add an aftermarket rider for all that stuff. I have an aftermarket rider for all stereo and performance parts (totaling about $7k) and it runs me $25 extra a year. That way you are covered for theft, collision, natural disaster, etc. on all your fine stuff. Without the rider, you are S.O.L.:fm:

Last edited:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Very nice man! I have a Kenwood 7" touchscreen in mine as well and a couple of cheaper phoenix gold 10's in a basic box with a 1000w amp and it sounds pretty good. Didnt want anything extreme, just a little better than factory so im happy cause it still bumps pretty good when i turn it up. Id eventually like to go all out with a nice custom box, some better 10's and do all the components like yours. Looks great and im sure it sounds even better!

Users who are viewing this thread