My new 2022 f150

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Good deal. I know my 18 compared to my 04 was a world of difference. I have the same engine/trans. Love the 2.7 is awesome. The trans is a love/hate deal.
Congrats on the new ride!

Agree especially about the transmission. I'm convinced it hates second gear. Sometimes I feel like I have to convince it to downshift. But, it's awesome on the highway and silky smooth in sport mode (uses all gears as it up-shifts, no skipping) with a gentle foot.

I drove from Oak Creek, WI to Cincinnati, OH and according to the dash I averaged 29.1mpg. Granted I have a tune and some breathing mods, but still, for a truck at 70+mph for 6 hours... Hell...I blasted from Indy to Chicago at north of 85mph with a loaded bed and still got over 25mpg.

boost88

Established Member
Took a trip to shitcago and apparently my f150 was not a fan.... can't wait to see what this is about
Screenshot_20221029-164801_FordPass.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G988U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

boost88

Established Member
Got a wastegate code. I called my local dealer and can't get me in for 10 days. On top of that they need the code to be present and when I drove it on lunch the service wrench went away

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Got a wastegate code. I called my local dealer and can't get me in for 10 days. On top of that they need the code to be present and when I drove it on lunch the service wrench went away

shouldnt be too bad to double check the connectors on them
Sounds like time for an upgrade to a turbosmart BOV!
wastegate is what’s in the turbo itself I do believe

boost88

Established Member
Update: shout out to Nick's service department who from 500 miles away could help me more than my local dealer.

He mentioned a TSB that has a pcm update for my issue. Told me to try the lincoln dealership since they can handle tsb work.

Local ford dealer wouldn't touch it without a light on and they had appointments no sooner than 2 weeks. Lincoln dealership flashed what I asked for in about 20 minutes on my lunch break. If you live in Illinois I'd avoid jackson ford.....

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Update: shout out to Nick's service department who from 500 miles away could help me more than my local dealer.

He mentioned a TSB that has a pcm update for my issue. Told me to try the lincoln dealership since they can handle tsb work.

Local ford dealer wouldn't touch it without a light on and they had appointments no sooner than 2 weeks. Lincoln dealership flashed what I asked for in about 20 minutes on my lunch break. If you live in Illinois I'd avoid jackson ford.....

Is the flash for a specific year only or does this account for the 2021+?

Just to keep me informed if something goes nuts up on my trip this Friday.

boost88

Established Member
I think it's just a 21+ update. It changes some set points for the wastegate so it doesn't throw the light. Few more miles later and it's still been fine
Is the flash for a specific year only or does this account for the 2021+?

Just to keep me informed if something goes nuts up on my trip this Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread