My new 2003 10th anniversary cobra vert

Don03cobra

Established Member
After waiting for the weather to calm down for even a minute - I finally brought my recently purchased cobra home.
Details -
10th anniversary triple black vert
15K miles
PERFECTLY clean - 10/10 inside and out

2.8 pulley
Afco heat exhancger
flowmaster catback
IRS brace
K&N filter
Subframe connectors welded in
Thats about it - makes 470 hp @ wheels and 490 torque (have dyne graph).

I actually bought this exact same car back in 2003 (it wasn't a 10th ann) and sold it due to divorce/hardship - Ive regretted it ever since.

This car doesn't feel as "tight" as my 2003 did back in 2003. It feels great - but not quite as tight and the ride is a little rough.
I'm wondering if replacing the original shocks/struts might be in order?
The suspension is 100% oem and original

Ideas?
I'm not going to drag race it - just weekend toy

Btw - it feels GREAT!!!

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I would look into subframe connectors. They should tighten everything up well seems how it is a vert

Quick Strike

Established Member
Congrats from an original silver 10th vert owner. That makes two of the thousand made here. Ours are way cooler then the rest (faster too). :pepper::dancenana:

Last edited:

Don03cobra

Established Member
BTW - I flew out and drive the car back 770 miles in a straight shot. Got almost 22mpg - not bad for averaging 80mph.
I'm having trouble uploading pic's…. its asking for a url.. can I simply upload the photos from my computer to the website? Or do they need to be hosted somewhere?

Don03cobra

Established Member
I have only a couple of pictures that the seller texted to me about a month ago. I will get some good photos once the fresh snow goes away and I can get her out and wash her.

slideshow

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
congrats on the purchase....our cars are cousins. mine has 16k on it

As for the ride, what mods did your old car have? I'd reccomend getting some H&R race springs. That should help alot with the ride

No need to replace the stock shocks/struts unless they are worn. The Bilstein's are a very good unit.

Don03cobra

Established Member
my original terminator vert had bone stock suspension…. I seem to remember it felt like a new car.. this one isn't bad. but doesn't feel like a brand new car…

Users who are viewing this thread