My "New" 2000 Lightning

V8Thrasher

Established Member
Whats up everyone? My name is Rob, im new to this forum, new to SVT vehicles, and just trucks in general. A little background on myself:
Im 25, live in LA, and have always been into muscle cars. I used to own a modded up 07 Mustang GT, but I hydroplanned in the rain and wrecked it.... I then went to a "borrowed" 93 Corvette, and now I have recently came across a hell of a deal on a 2000 SVT Lightning black in color.

It has 45,000 miles and I grabbed it for a steal. It's paid off (insurance money) and I just recently ordered some new tires/wheels for it. I also orderd some new 5.4 emblems, and fog lights as they were missing. I must say I am happy with my purchase and am glad I am back to Ford (no offense to the Vette, it was a fast little car).

I had no idea how fast these things were, so much torque for this little truck.

I am looking forward to fixing her up and modifying her in the coming months. I am also looking forward to talking these vehicles and other SVT models as well.

Drive safe :coolman:

svt3.jpg

svt2.png

svt.png

V8Thrasher

Established Member
Thank you everyone!

Congrats and welcome.

What mods do you have in mind?

right now nothing major, Im still having fun with the power it has. It has a Vortec CAI and flowmaster mufflers, other than that its stock. I ordered some new 18x9 and 18x10 '10 GT500 wheels, and some NITTO 305/45/18 rubber for the back and 295/45/18 for the front. Im taking it to have the windows tinted tomorrow, and im having a hard time deciding whether I was to use the Hotchkis suspension system or the DJM one.

Maybe some long tube headers down the road..... other than that I cant really see myself going too all out with this truck. But you never know...lol

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Thank you everyone!

right now nothing major, Im still having fun with the power it has. It has a Vortec CAI and flowmaster mufflers, other than that its stock. I ordered some new 18x9 and 18x10 '10 GT500 wheels, and some NITTO 305/45/18 rubber for the back and 295/45/18 for the front. Im taking it to have the windows tinted tomorrow, and im having a hard time deciding whether I was to use the Hotchkis suspension system or the DJM one.

Maybe some long tube headers down the road..... other than that I cant really see myself going too all out with this truck. But you never know...lol

Good find, man! I'm in the Long Beach area, may be looking for another L next year... They're tough to find out here on the west coast.

I would go with DJM control arms and call it a day. I had the Hotchkis kit, bell tech spindles, cut springs, and the DJMs in my last L and the control arms were by far the best way to go. You get a nice drop and a stock ride. Keep us updated with some pics along the way!

Users who are viewing this thread