My Mother passed on

JimBobWay

Established Member
Since this is the forum I spend all my time in, I've posted this here.

There have been many people on here recently said they wish they'd spent more time with thier aging parents. Since I'm in Phoenix and they in Florida, it was difficult to make those trips. My last trip was about three years ago and I kind-of thought it was the last time I'd see them. I did call every weekend just to chat a while. My phone rang late Friday night and I thought it was going to be my Dad since he was in the hospital for a bad flu; but it was my mom that passed. She was 90 years old so she's had a good long life. The past few years, they had said they wonder why you have to live so long; she was getting tired. We all knew the end was near, hence all my calls on weekends. Even so, it's still extremely hard to take. She didn't want any services so I'm missing some closure and thought I'd do it here; with my friends. She is a good mom and has always made time for me and my family. I was always able to call and ask questions on day-to-day things that come up in life. I'll miss that. My dad is getting somewhat better and hope he's released soon. I going to fly out for a weekend for a visit as soon as I can when he's released. They had said that they would follow the other when the time came. I will continue to call on my mom but now through God as she is in His care now.

Thanks for letting me achieve some closure here. To all, take some advice that has been said here many times - spend time with your parents as much as you can and tell them that you love them every time.

God bless my "Lil" Mom

Jim

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I'm really sorry to hear that... I never really know quite what to say to things like this except for she is in a better place. Have a safe trip to Florida and give your dad a hug from all of us on SVTP.....

-J

69Mach1351w

Established Member
I am sorry to hear about it, but as 04svtvnm said, try to keep your head up, and think of the better times if you can.

Last edited:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Sorry to hear that

I hope she didnt have any pain, and was an effortless passing. Im sure she knew you loved her, and she ment alot to you as you did her. She will always look over you and will be in a much better place.

I would make it an effort to go see your dad, like tomorrow. There is no need to wait till he gets out, Im sure he would love to see you. 3 years is a long time, but I do understand the distance and hard to get some time.

Keep your head up Bud

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Sorry for your loss. I am trying to think of what else to say but as SicStang03 said what else can you say. Its great that you are going to visit your dad you can help him and he could help you get through this rough time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm very sorry to hear you lost your mom. I totally understand about how difficult it is to spend time with aging parents when you're so far away. My parents, as well, lived in Florida. They moved there from Connecticut over 25 years ago. I was lucky to get down to see them once a year. When my dad became ill earlier this year it was very difficult for me, not knowing how much time he had left and not being able to make repeat trips. I was, though, very fortunate to spend a week with him just before he passed. He was in the hospital, but it was a very nice visit in many ways. I really miss him and wish I could have spent more time with him. Again, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I will pray for your family.

Users who are viewing this thread