My McLeod RST experience so far…

SVECobraR

Established Member
OP - Your chatter might have something to do with your new friction surface from fidanza. When i just redid my clutch setup i installed a brand new friction surface on my fidanza flywheel and took all my stuff to my clutch guy to have him look it over and balance it. When i went to pick it up i noticed that he had scuffed the friction surface up a bit and when i asked him why he responded by saying that the way it came was too smooth and uneven. And even though it was brand new it would not transfer material evenly, thus causing chatter.

Its just a little experience i thought i'd share as my clutch guy does have over 25+ years experience and was one of the founders of centerforce.

Termilvr

Established Member
Mine engages just below the brake pedal and i have a stock pivot.. i did spend a lot of time on the final adjustment and made sure the throw out was just touching the pressure plate..

And a little update as i drive it everyday.. the chatter is so bad sometimes it feel like there is a TON of slack in my driveline.. also the other day it chirped as i took off.. lol

Maybe im just not graceful with the clutch anymore going from a TOUGH pedal'ed ram clutch to this little girl clutch.. haha

I do love that my left leg can take a break in traffic now though..

what flywheel do you have? mine barley has any chatter since i put it in 200 miles ago.

laruei

Established Member
New surfaced stocker.. sent it directly to mcleod.. maybe its not "rough" enough as was indicated above.. ?

svtrookie

Established Member
Interesting that I have this same "vibration" at the same rpm... 4th gear under and at 2k...

I have a RXT that was installed 2 years ago and I experience the same vibration in 4th gear under 2k. It's hard to explain, but i live with it. It does not seem to affect performance. I just keep the revs up. My mustang shop double checked everything and did not see anything wrong. I am using a fidanza aluminum flywheel with this set up.

Tom

Last edited:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
I have this with my center force clutch. I wouldn't have called it chatter, but it is the same rpm and gear. Once I hit about 3,000 rpm's or so, it disappears.

what do you mean by chatter in 4th? i get a vibration under a little load between 1.5-2k rpm's in 4th.

MYSTCHRM

Established Member
Bruha, that is exactly what I see as well. I'm using a Spec flywheel and so far with this thread, I think we can rule out flywheel applications. If this is the worst I have to deal with, then it's worth it to have a clutch that works so well.

Termilvr

Established Member
I have a fidanza flywheel, I will see if it goes away this weekend after re install the trans. Is everyone running the stock pivot balls stud?

Users who are viewing this thread