My longblock preperation...

ponynx

Established Member
20lbs on 93 is a lot in my opinion for todays fuel blends i dont care what anyone says the fuel here sucks ! whats the compression ratio of the motor ? that tells a lot as well.................

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
ported heads the guy on the phone said 9:1 but I am going to talk to the owner Jim who is a very nice guy. I would have to ask Pete about the timing... Pete talked to Jim for awhile so they both informed each other.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
ported heads the guy on the phone said 9:1 but I am going to talk to the owner Jim who is a very nice guy. I would have to ask Pete about the timing... Pete talked to Jim for awhile so they both informed each other.

the reason i asked about the ported heads was because factory two valve heads have a nub in the comustion chamber that helps with emissions and what not. but that nub also gets hot and will cause detonation on a high boost aplication. when most companies port the heads they take the nub out of the cumbustion chamber. 20 psi on 9:1 is a fair amount but i dont think it should be an issue with pump gas. how much timing is in it would be the key factor here.

ponynx

Established Member
9:1 with 20lbs will not work with pump gas in my opinion plus if in mot mistaken you have an older kb ? 20lbs in an 8.5:1 cobra motor is on on a razors edge so 9 is out of the question , again its all my opinion.......forget big numbers because they mean nothing if its not 100% reliable. whats beter a 490 rwhp motor that lives or a 550 rwhp that blows up?

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
exactly!!!

9:1 with 20lbs will not work with pump gas in my opinion plus if in mot mistaken you have an older kb ? 20lbs in an 8.5:1 cobra motor is on on a razors edge so 9 is out of the question , again its all my opinion.......forget big numbers because they mean nothing if its not 100% reliable. whats beter a 490 rwhp motor that lives or a 550 rwhp that blows up?

Eh with race gas it would be fine. I am switching the supercharger out anyways.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Talked to JDM today and with a mild tune and only 16psi it made 580 safely to the wheels for HP. Not sure on the torque I was happy enough to see that and I was at work so I made it short. I am glad its done and I am bringing it home on Monday. Eventually I will get some videos of it...

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Talked to JDM today and with a mild tune and only 16psi it made 580 safely to the wheels for HP. Not sure on the torque I was happy enough to see that and I was at work so I made it short. I am glad its done and I am bringing it home on Monday. Eventually I will get some videos of it...

thats awesome man!!! I talked to Pete briefly about it and I must say its nice to know how they were with this considering Ive read so many crappy posts. some slicks should net you some pretty darned good times in that thing!!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Why wait, lets slap a plow on the front and put it to work!
Thats good you got it sorted, those are some strong numbers!

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Got a call from them today and they are changing the fuel rails and they think there is something wrong with my fuel pumps. They are now expecting 650rwhp once they get that situated.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Got a call from them today and they are changing the fuel rails and they think there is something wrong with my fuel pumps. They are now expecting 650rwhp once they get that situated.

that doesnt make much sense...what was the duty cycle of the pumps...if it was 100% they woulda mentioned that in the first place I owuld hope. then if that WAS the case he woulda said you made 580 but your out of pump. do you want to upgrade stuff? they already said it made 580 safely.....this is why I wont send my car anywhere....you have NO IDEA whats going on.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
well they are going to check it out... not sure on it though. I am guessing when it was dyno'd it wanted more fuel? Not sure at all yet, I will let you know.

Fire Harley

LMB
Established Member
was there something wrong with the pumps? shouldn't 255's be enough for the motor you have? why change the rails? are they installing an adlustable fuel reg.?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread