My longblock preperation...

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Haha yeah Nate thats true...

It left a few minutes ago in an enclosed trailer, so they will be getting it sometime this early evening.

88_Stanga

Established Member
I feel like they are going to look at the tune first thing. And pete is always conservative so they will SEE that it wasnt his fault. But they will prob give you shit for it anyways just because they didnt put the motor in and tune it.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Yeah I already spoke with Jim Senior of JDM and we both know the deal. Pete talked to him for awhile. JDM is going to tune it also

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Is JDM going to replace the block at their cost?
You must be excited! That sucker is gonna HAUL!

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
oh yah... I will definetly be happy when I get it back and there is nice weather. Still have a lot of things I need to do to it before the track re-opens.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
heh not yet 15" rims all around, qa1 shocks, roll bar/cage... I definetly want to put the console in and corbeau seats in... not top priority yet though.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Bogart 15" rims front and back... going to use them for the street and just throw the slicks on when I go up to the track.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
so jdm pulled the motor during the weekend. they told me both headgaskets were blown, spark plugs were melted and it was because of a pretty serious case of detonation. I just cannot run the boost I had on pump gas. so they are also putting long tube headers and the midpipe to go with it so the truck can breathe better...

88_Stanga

Established Member
are they documenting the tear down? i would like to see (as im sure pete and yourself would) what they are seeing. not doubting pete as a tuner in the least. But as jake has said previously...i have also heard/read not so good things about them. And with us being far from them its hard to check up on things.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
well when I drive down there I will have a lot more info but basically I have to pay for the new exhaust and labor. It could be a lot worse.

Users who are viewing this thread