my long tube install!!

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
got my long tubes installed, bought a set of new MAC ceramic coated babies to go along with my VRS X pipe and pre-installed MAC cat back. all in all wasnt too hard, the fit was questionable at times but i got the bugs worked out. sounds good, i need driving vids, hopefully this week. anyway, on to the pics!!

COBRAHEADERS011.gif

COBRAHEADERS003.gif

COBRAHEADERS004.gif

COBRAHEADERS008.gif

COBRAHEADERS005.gif

COBRAHEADERS009-1.gif

COBRAHEADERS010.gif

COBRAHEADERS012.gif

COBRAHEADERS013-1.gif

open header vid! sorry, it was windy

[ame=http://s646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/turbo2300/?action=view&current=COBRAHEADERS.flv]
th_COBRAHEADERS.gif
[/ame]

Last edited:

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
How did your VRS pipe match up with the LTs?
good. when i was under it without the x pipe on i realized the drivers side header is on a pretty good angle towards teh trans, and got worried. apparently thats how its supposed to be, as the VRS piece fit perfectly
how do you keep your car so clean?
i literally washed it the day before i took these pics- there was alot of melting snow, so alot of water running across the road, so washing it really was pointless. that, and thats my dads new house, so the driveway is a mud pit as theres not even rock laid down yet. the reast of this week is supposed to be sunny and 65, so maybe a wash and a tune is in order :D
What were the fitting issues?

drivers side header rubbing the k member, that dam EGR tube was a BITCH to get started... i fixed the rub by shifting the k member over just a hair, and... gulp.. taking a pry bar to my $504 set of headers :xpl:

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
Now with all that work, I just wonder; was it worth it?

I removed the k-member and one LT last weekend to do a clutch swap, and I hated it. So impossible to access and I thought many times for my self, can these LT actualle be worth all this work.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
I was thinking the same thing. Dirty snow, no thanks. It is 60's at night, and mid 70's in the day here in South Florida now. It is hard, but I live here......
What a dick! I lived in daytona before I moved to shitty utah. I hate it.

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
yea thats a downside of snow lol i wash it very often tho. i never drove it in the snow actually, i take the pickup to work for that

jareds99slobra

Established Member
ive been wanting to do this to mine for a while. so on a scale of 1-10 what would u consider the difficulty?

BTSMUSTANG

Established Member
How long did it all take? Ive been wanting long tubes for a while now and will be renting a house with a garage soon so I will have the room to do it.

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
ive been wanting to do this to mine for a while. so on a scale of 1-10 what would u consider the difficulty?
its not difficulty, its time consuming tedious work. id say maybe 6ish, as i work in a trans shop and replace transmissions daily that are easily 10x harder to get at. i would do this swap again before, say, pulling the trans on a windstar van.
How long did it all take? Ive been wanting long tubes for a while now and will be renting a house with a garage soon so I will have the room to do it.

i started last thursday, by myself, from 530pm till 9pm-ish. in there i ate pizza and chased my little sister around a few minutes, and had it totally disassembled. i would have started assembling it, but i was waiting on gaskets. then on saturday i started at like 1pm and meticulously checked everything, and finished up fitting everything and loading a generic tune in about 6pm.

i may have to take the dam thing back apart, as i think the passenger side gasket leaks. eff me...... :bash::bash:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
good. when i was under it without the x pipe on i realized the drivers side header is on a pretty good angle towards teh trans, and got worried. apparently thats how its supposed to be, as the VRS piece fit perfectly

Glad to hear. My VRS pipe wasn't even close to fitting right so I let the owner know what I thought about his product. I never heard back from him, but I hope I helped their quality :)

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Now with all that work, I just wonder; was it worth it?

I removed the k-member and one LT last weekend to do a clutch swap, and I hated it. So impossible to access and I thought many times for my self, can these LT actualle be worth all this work.
I can relate, my friend Joe that owns FordSpeed just replaced a bad pilot bearing in a 99 Cobra that had BBK LT's, DAMM what a PITA, had to drop the K-Member and pull one of the headers off to get the tranny out!!

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Looks good! You still have your factory headers by chance?

I can relate, my friend Joe that owns FordSpeed just replaced a bad pilot bearing in a 99 Cobra that had BBK LT's, DAMM what a PITA, had to drop the K-Member and pull one of the headers off to get the tranny out!!

I've had a blown 2nd and 4th gear for 2 years now. I have BBK LTs lol.

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
Glad to hear. My VRS pipe wasn't even close to fitting right so I let the owner know what I thought about his product. I never heard back from him, but I hope I helped their quality :)
well maybe you got his act together for me lol i like it. sounds good too
Looks good! You still have your factory headers by chance?
you mean the factory manifolds? yea, i do. they are now rotting in my garage lol

Users who are viewing this thread