My Little GT @ Watkins Glen

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Nice, what was the pucker factor as the ass end came around on you? With all those walls I know I'd have had to have my seat reapholestered. Luckily, it was on a place with more than 5 ft of grass runoff room. Cool vid

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice vid, but I wish you had left out the music. Much nicer to hear the motor when the car is on the track. JMO. Nice driving by the way. Looks like a ton of fun. :)

blownstang01

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Nice vid, but I wish you had left out the music. Much nicer to hear the motor when the car is on the track. JMO. Nice driving by the way. Looks like a ton of fun. :)

Mostly all you can hear is wind noise, you have to keep your windows down and my camera picked it up bad. Next time I am going to try a mic installed in the trunk or something like that.

blownstang01

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Nice, what was the pucker factor as the ass end came around on you? With all those walls I know I'd have had to have my seat reapholestered. Luckily, it was on a place with more than 5 ft of grass runoff room. Cool vid

Not a real big deal, honestly. I went around in the best spot and the gravel stops you pretty quick. I was even able to drive it out because it basically backed in. That was the very end of three days on track and after about 375 miles my brand new tires had given up. :thumbsup:

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
You know...I have never tried road racing before...always been a straight line guy, but, that does look fun. Kinda caught a bug for it at the 40th Anniversary show getting to watch those Mustangs do Nashville SuperSpeedway. Great ending by the way.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
What tires were you on?

If you guys have never open tracked you car its something you really should do atleast once, chances are you'll be hooked. Its an awesome feeling to be out there driving at the limit, passing porsches, vettes etc.

Last edited:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
What all have you done to the car to track prep it for road racing? I pretty much got my basics done by October, but missed the last open track day at Hallett near Tulsa, OK. Definately going when they open in April.

blownstang01

Established Member
Hersheyman said:
What all have you done to the car to track prep it for road racing? I pretty much got my basics done by October, but missed the last open track day at Hallett near Tulsa, OK. Definately going when they open in April.
Maybe easier to list what I have not done lol. Anyway I have a complete Griggs front suspension with Koni double adjustable struts. In the rear I have Steeda upper and lower control arms and a MM Panhard bar (soon to have a MM torque Arm). Of course caster camber plates and bump steer kit to optimize the alignment. Cobra front brakes with Hawk Pads (since upgraded to AP Racing Brakes), Cobra rear brakes with Hawk Pads. Steeda 1 3/8 front, 7/8 rear sway bars etc. etc. etc. Future upgrades and suggestions would include more cooling, (oil, and front brake specifically).
You could go on forever, but it's just about having fun, you can do open tracking with a completely stock car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread