My latest Mod

03cobragirl

Go Ravens!!
Established Member
Now, as Matt would say it my car is truly a chick car...

console1.jpg

Yes, those round switches are for my newly installed seat warmers. :-D

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Suzie...You are the bomb! And drivers side too..... Looks like a real clean, neat install. Did Matt do this for you?????

03cobragirl

Go Ravens!!
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Suzie...You are the bomb! And drivers side too..... Looks like a real clean, neat install. Did Matt do this for you?????

Yeah, Matt installed them. I don't have the patience for such a project.

For a while there I thought that Moses Hightower, from the Police Academy, had been driving my car. But, when Matt finished all you can see is the switches.

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Awsome Susie! I think I need that for my cobra. I have them in my van and love it! It may be a chick car but a chick with a warm buttocks in the drivers seat!

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
03cobragirl said:
Now, as Matt would say it my car is truly a chick car...

console1.jpg

Yes, those round switches are for my newly installed seat warmers. :-D

That looks like a pretty clean install there... Good work Matt and congrats Susie!! :thumbsup:

TRBO VNM

damn...where can I get them? This is one thing I really miss from my Focus SVT. Heated seats are awesome.

03cobragirl

Go Ravens!!
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
damn...where can I get them? This is one thing I really miss from my Focus SVT. Heated seats are awesome.

Here is where Matt got them from warmseats.com

According to Matt the Installation wasn't difficult it was time consuming.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
If anyone is going to install them, I'd be more than willing to help. Full front seat removal is a must. They are also triggered by the ignition. Car off=warmers off.

THey aren't hard, just time consuming. For those with a weak back, I suggest having someone help with the driver's seat removal. It probably weighs 60-70 lbs.

--Matt

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
My girlfriend would love that... I'm thinkin I may have to get those.. I didn't even know you could do that.....

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
do you have any info on how to install these. Im really thinking of getting a set of these for my cobra. Do you have to take apart the seat and then have someone sew it back together.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
No you don't have to pull the seat apart to the point where you need to sew them back together.

If you follow the directions, it's pretty easy. The heaters aren't full length. I cut them so I didn't have to remove the metal cord. Just trim the sides of the elements to the outside of the tape. Then you have to trim about 3-4" off of the end od the element. Make sure you cut the side without the connector wire.

Good luck.

--Matt

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
mmars said:
No you don't have to pull the seat apart to the point where you need to sew them back together.

If you follow the directions, it's pretty easy. The heaters aren't full length. I cut them so I didn't have to remove the metal cord. Just trim the sides of the elements to the outside of the tape. Then you have to trim about 3-4" off of the end od the element. Make sure you cut the side without the connector wire.

Good luck.

--Matt

I told Kelly about this and she just went, "Really??". I said yea, but then she said, "Well I still can't drive stick, so unless you teach me I still can't get a Vert." :rolleyes:

I don't even know if she could push the clutch all the way down without moving her whole body. I'd have to get her an aftermarket. Anyways...

Awesome work, again, Matt :beer:

03cobragirl

Go Ravens!!
Established Member
Sean,
If I can learn to drive a stick anyone can. She just needs a good patient person to teach her.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Hey Suzie, I bet this mod came in handy the last few mornings!!! I had a workout outside Wednesday afternoon for about 75 minutes and we were so cold that it was almost funny.....

03cobragirl

Go Ravens!!
Established Member
Yeah, it is very nice on cold mornings. I have really enjoyed them the last few months. The seat warmers are also nice cooler days when I put the top down, it can get a little chilly on the highway.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
You don't have to pull the cover completely off. I would actually not recomend you do that because the cover is tied down with metal clips. The wires were pretty easy to route. I use a 12v power source near the ECU. I have a pic of that if you need it.

--Matt

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
yeah, I would love a picture of the wiring. I'll PM you my email and I can host it so other can see it.
-Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread