My Last Sports Car

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I decided it was time to get another sports car. But this time, I wanted one that would be my last. A car so good in performance and appearance that I would be content to live out my days owning her. A car that I would leave one of my kids one day.

Sure, I had a budget. And I also know that it wasn't ever going to be the absolute baddest beast on the road. After all, there is ALWAYS a faster car, a newer model, more bells and whistles, etc. But she has to be something with world class performance and world class timeless looks.

I found her. My dream car.

She is a 2008 Dodge Viper Coup. Black with silver stripes. I would like to introduce her to you.

Dodge made her for me by hand. Only 1579 Vipers were made in 2008 (as compared to 35,310 Corvettes, 8,583 GT500, 6,587 Ferraris, 98,652 Porsches, 2,430 Lamborghini, 5,656 Audi R8). Of those 1579 Vipers, only 208 were black Coups. The 2008 Dodge Viper was a huge step up for the Viper as they were the new 4th Generation of the car. Plus, she is American made.

Someone else bought her first and gently broke her in for me for 28K miles, and paid for most of the depreciation too!. They also spent about $10K making precisely the mods I would have made: Chromed the stock wheels. Long tube headers and aftermarket exhaust, K&N intake system, lots of interior chrome, etc. Interestingly, I was able to get a better deal because she wasn't stock! So I won out both ways. :)

Here is what CAR & DRIVER had to say about the 2008 Dodge Viper:

Car and Driver Magazine tested the car, and found a 0-60 mph (97 km/h) time of 3.5 seconds, a 0-100 mph (160 km/h) time of 7.6 seconds, and a quarter-mile time of 11.5 seconds at 126 mph (203 km/h). Dodge's claims for top speed are 197 mph (317 km/h) and 202 mph (325 km/h), for the Roadster and Coupe respectively. Car and Driver also tested the Viper's track performance, and managed a fast sub-3 minute lap time around Virginia International Raceway. The Viper's time, despite hot weather, was faster than the Corvette Z06, Ford GT, Nissan GTR, Porsche 911 Turbo, 911 GT3, and 911 GT2, Audi R8, and similar cars. According to Car and Driver and Motor Trend, the car's slightly adjusted suspension setup and new differential gave it cornering ability as sharp as before with better control, feedback, and response.

So, without further fanfare, here she is:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Very nice! Did you stay on the 50k budget?

I would like to get into one of those in a couple of years.

RichM1983

Established Member
Well if I were to live with a sports car for the rest of my life I supposed that would do the trick! Great looking car!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That is such a badass car, congrats. I really hope a 08/09 viper is my next car.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Thank you gentlemen for all the great comments! Its rained since Sunday and is supposed to rain through the night. Seems like torture not getting to take her back out on the road.

:D

BLK_03

Established Member
The way you talk about "her" is bordering on creepy. I get it.... but creepy.

Congrats on the purchase. Get those stupid ass Pilot Sports off there ASAP. Worst tire ever.

Serious.

Users who are viewing this thread