My L vs. SRT 8 Jeep

littleflip_69

Established Member
ill keep everyone posted about the outcome..its gonna happen next saturday i reckon..i got this tuesday to finally get my truck dyno tuned at modular depot..so it should be a good race then i guess

motorider228

Established Member
Yeah do a 1/4 race, all the guys on those forums say they try to race from a dig to 60 because they are rockets to 60 but slow down alot after that. One guy had his stock srt8 cherokee timed in the 0-60 and he went 4.48, 4.23, and 4.13. They scream from a stop but slow down up top. Even though I am a mopar guy I hope you win, shut this idiot up that can't even race his OWN car. Good luck man!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Who talks shit with a vehicle they don't even own?

And what kind of dealership lets their salesmen take out brand new vehicles and drag race them?

I wouldn't want him to get hurt, but it would serve him right to see him find some way to put it in a ditch at 100mph.

motorider228

Established Member
That would be funny if you raced him for a G and he wrecked it hahaha. Not only would be obviously lose the race and owe you a grand but then he would be out of a job/be buying a wrecked ass cherokee haha.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
i personally like the srt8 jeeps. i think its a cool idea and they look pretty sweet, imo. ive never raced one but from what i hear they arent slow. good luck!

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I've races one before (4#). We were on a brick surface which made traction for me impossible on street tires, so he pulled about a truck length right off the line.. but it was catchup right after the brick surface ended and street started.. I pulled on him till I passed him at about 70 (I think)

so in the quarter, I would suggest buying some D/R to assure the win.

And why dont you tell him to grow some balls and shit talk with a car he actually owns! then IF he actually buys one take it to the track and off the roads.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Daniels2386 said:
pretty good odds. I never heard of a SRT8 Jeep, so I dunno. Either 1) Doesnt know about the L's. 2) Jerks off to dodges and if there was the SLIGHTEST chance of winning he will jump ALL OVER IT! or 3) He has enough money and doesnt mind rollin the dice. lol GL either way man!
My uncle owns one. Talk about hole-shots.
Still a well tuned L should dust the dirt.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Skrapmetal said:
Who talks shit with a vehicle they don't even own?

And what kind of dealership lets their salesmen take out brand new vehicles and drag race them?

+1

The wife has been asking for a Jeep SRT8 for awile now, so I finally took her to the dealership this past weekend. Look's like that will be the family's next vehicle.

Do a search for jeep srt8 on youtube.
Those things launch outta the hole hard!!!! Even on wet pavement.

So you will always be playing catchup.

But then again, if this is a srt8 straight from the dealership with little or no miles on it, the computer should drop down the fuel pressure for the break in period automatically, in other words when he goes WOT, he really will not be WOT. That should help you out as well.

In a 1/4 mile, you should win, by a few car lengths. Stop light to stop light, he'd smoke ya.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
im basically with everyone else.. bone stock they should be just a little quicker than the L in the 1/4. with your mods you should be able to win. just make sure you have a good launch.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
I bet the new car manager is gonna LOVE it if he frags the drivetrain on a new SRT8 while racing it on the weekend. what a tool.:loser:

Daves01L

Just sold my 2001L which I had since new and bought SRT8 Jeep. Completely stock down to the air filter, 13.15 @103 w/1.82 60 foot on 1st run w/only 600 miles on it (Englishtown). They are animals out of the hole up to about 70 or 80. you MUST get a good launch to beat one. Once I get used to it (air pressure, etc.) i expect 1.7 60's or so and be able to break into 12's once engine is broken in more (they recommend 300 mile 'break in').

Do NOT race 0-60 on the street unless you can hook VERY well consistently.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread