My L vs. SRT 8 Jeep

littleflip_69

Established Member
hey i have a 03 L and the mods are 4# lower pulley and cold air and dyno tune with diablo programer...havent had it at the track yet to see how it runs but a friend of mine is a car salesman at a local dodge and chrysler lot...i stoped in to check out the SRT 8 jeep that they just got in and the saleman started talkin trash...was like he would walk all over me in that jeep against my L..i was like wtf..then a lil more shit talkin got goin on and he was like put your money where your mouth is..so i was like yea..well the bet is next wk end me and him are gonna line em up...now this jeep is BONE STOCK...he said if i win he would give me a grand and if i loose all i had to pay up was a 100 bucks...should i be worried?

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
i fi remember right those damn jeep's 0-60 time rivals a stock L.
But then again Ive never paid much attention.

but the thing is 420 horses and damn near 5000 pounds (4819 curb..close enough to 5000 fo rme)...so you may have a decent chance. But like I said ive never run one and dont know much about em so Ill let someone else chime in :)

JoeyD Boosted

Deep Reflection
Established Member
I have raced TWO at the track, one bone stock... ran 14.1's(better driving could have seen a 13.8 or so I assume)

Second one had intake and exhaust... ran 13.7's all night.

I bone stock ran 13.4's.

EDIT: Sorry the First one was a black Trailblazer SS
Just remembered that.

Last edited:

Daniels2386

Stylin' & Profilin'
Established Member
pretty good odds. I never heard of a SRT8 Jeep, so I dunno. Either 1) Doesnt know about the L's. 2) Jerks off to dodges and if there was the SLIGHTEST chance of winning he will jump ALL OVER IT! or 3) He has enough money and doesnt mind rollin the dice. lol GL either way man!

JoeyD Boosted

Deep Reflection
Established Member
Yes, I am awestruck that he would bet 1k...
... he will NOT win, especially with your mods.
Your Mods you will be in the 12's.
The above statements are providing you HAVE TRACTION? Slicks? D/Rs?

Bootbox

Established Member
They hook hard on the street. If you have to feather it at all out of the hole you're not catching him.

motorider228

Established Member
I lurk around on some cherokee srt8 forums as I may be getting rid of my ram soon for one so I have seen quite a few slips for them for stock ones. Most common I see stock is 13.4 but I saw a 13.0 out of one guys stock. You should win though with your mods assuming you have traction, by what I hear a one legged 8 year old can launch one of those, I guess the AWD and 4800 pounds makes them stick to the ground well. You should win though.

Pewter99TransAm

Yea man..from what ive read about them hear and there they arent anything to laugh at by any means. I am considering it as my next car when I graduate college in a year or two. They are hell outta the hole and like motorider said they are more than capable of lightly modded lightning times and the slighest muck up outa the hole hes gonna pull a ass load off you outta the hole and be hard to pull it back. Just hook!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigredmk86

2002 Lightning
Established Member
I ran one and I had to play catch up. He came out of the whole hard, but when we shut down I had him by a truck length or more? I have a 4 lber, cai, sct2 w/ dyno tune, bassani hf mids, bassani catback, lfp vb. Just make sure you get a good launch and you will have him. Take his money and go buy more mods.

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Good luck to ya, but be warned....He isn't going to have any traction problems out of the hole!

As other have already said, you will be playing catch-up...I can guarantee you that, this race will come down to how well you can launch. If you have some DR's, that will definitley tip the scales in your favor!

Keep us posted on the outcome....:beer:

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
If you hook, you will win. Do not run less than 1/4 mile. If you don't have DRs get some. He will be paying for them anyway!
jim

LightningLou

Established Member
Ok, launch at around 1500 rpm with the brake held tight and release at those rpm's and slowly gain till about 20 or 30mph wherever you can put it to the floor without wheel spin and you'll be golden. Maybe practice your launches for fun in some parking lot and once you master you'll have a nice grand in your pocket!! :)

earl lee

Established Member
Wait does ur friend own that jeep or is it the dealerships jeep and he's going to "borrow" it and thrash on it?

morrison_205

Established Member
good luck man i and everyone else in this chat room has heard that all wheel drive gets off the line good but practice some launches and figure out where your getting the best jump with out wheel bog and take home that dough.

littleflip_69

Established Member
earl lee said:
Wait does ur friend own that jeep or is it the dealerships jeep and he's going to "borrow" it and thrash on it?

he doesnt own one yet...but wantin one bad...he just gonna BORROW it for a day i assume

Users who are viewing this thread